Outstanding job well done

Rhudson89

Just a quick thankyou to Matt Hargreaves of MDH skull & trophy preparation services. Shot my first big red worthy of mounting a few weeks back and after pondering how to go about preparing the head I decided put a post on here asking for advice. The response was fantastic and I was gearing up to tackle him myself then Matt came forward offering his services and I couldn't of thanked him more. Hes done an outstanding job, just what I was looking for and for a price that can't be argued with. I cannot recommend him enough...cheers Matt.

Attachments

• IMG_20191029_093448_315.jpg
    IMG_20191029_093448_315.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 520
  • 20191029_084500.jpg
    20191029_084500.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 503
I have my first and only up to present, red stag head to put on the wall. 11 points. How is it attached to the wall?

I have my first and only up to present, red stag head to put on the wall. 11 points. How is it attached to the wall?
I used a 4 inch screw and drilled it into the wall at a 45 degree angle. I also used an m8 washer to give me abit more grab when mounting and its steady as a rock. The screw just fits nicely inside to brain cavity.

I used a 4 inch screw and drilled it into the wall at a 45 degree angle. I also used an m8 washer to give me abit more grab when mounting and its steady as a rock. The screw just fits nicely inside to brain cavity.
lovely!! Thankyou

I too am awaiting the arrival of my sika, roe and muntjac back from Matt. Tremendous to deal with top bloke :thumb:

Looks good!
Boiled my first CWD off about 3 weeks ago,similar size teeth to that although I didn't save the lower jaw which I wish I had!
Doing all the other species,get used to cutting through the skull,never crossed my mind to save until after the event!

Back