Oxford students at it again

kripton

Apparently Oxford uni students have now voted to remove a picture of the Queen on the pretext that she represents oppression - not just a vote against the monarchy then! Don't they have anything better to do (such as working towards their degree or doing voluntary work)? - in my day you had to earn extra money ( e.g. by working in a bar) to fund your accommodation, fees etc

jimmy milnes

This country is getting beyond a joke..
Can you imagine this dis respect towards the head of state happening in say Russia, or USA or many other countries around the world...
We are being turned into a laughing stock

PS..... I'm so glad I'm old enough not to see the end of the road the country is going down

Last edited:

Pedro

So, what's the chance that Oxford University has been at least partially funded by slavery activities? 100% I'd say. Those so called students should put that in their spliffs and smoke it.

Bavarianbrit

Now I am more glad than ever that I left it 19 years ago, I felt I could see the writing on the wall back then (BANITBANITBANIT!!!). Other countries seem not to give the same weight to wokismismism as seems the case in the UK, has post colonial guilt caught up finally?.

Finch

It's far worse in the US. Here, we actually have a minister charged with combating woke-ism. In America under Biden, woke-ism is being written into law. Taking the knee will soon be compulsory over there.

Finch

In the US, critical race theory is going onto the school curriculum. Biden intends to make it compulsory for American schools to teach white children that they are inherently racist because they are white

Dickie

So what happened to that plan of replacing the Cecil Rhodes statue with one of Robert Mugabe?
They voted not to do it because it would cost to much I read.
Be interesting to see what they put up instead.
Funny how in the Queens time it was the correct thing to give countries their independence, now it’s Britain’s fault they created their own misery.

Cranborne

Blind ignorance. How many former colonies have gained independence since the Queen came to the thrown? The majority have then joined the Commonwealth, which has the Queen as it's head....doesn't look like she's viewed as an oppressor.

Scapegoat

Read beyond the headlines ffs

The postgraduate students at Magdalen College have voted to take down the print of HM from their common room. They bought it and put it up just a few years ago. It's their space, they can choose how to decorate it.
Once again a storm in a teacup reported in just such a way that the usual suspects will start frothing at the mouth and banging on about all sorts of completely unrelated BS!

steve sxs

Read beyond the headlines ffs

The postgraduate students at Magdalen College have voted to take down the print of HM from their common room. They bought it and put it up just a few years ago. It's their space, they can choose how to decorate it.
Once again a storm in a teacup reported in just such a way that the usual suspects will start frothing at the mouth and banging on about all sorts of completely unrelated BS!
This does not alter my previous statement like it or lump it, this once Great country is sliding into a cesspit of our Governments making, to many Holy than thou do gooders :old: