Pard 007 batteries and charger

Beretta V

Hi as above I’m looking for a decent charger and batteries.
Ideally with an in car charger.
anyone got any links?
Regards Dan

You would be doing yourself an enormous favour if you search YouTube for videos on cheap batteries, that way you’ll understand why it’s worth spending a few extra pounds. I wish I had, then I wouldn’t have a collection of cheap Chinese ones in my cupboard. They’re either packed with cells salvaged from old laptops or the old ‘single-cell-and-a-bolt’ trick but learn from my mistake and avoid the cheap ones with claims of being 10,000mAh.

Before I learned my lesson I was using 2-3 batteries a night in my 007. Now with the decent batteries I bought from Torchy a single battery last 2-3 nights. Likewise my 008.

He sells chargers too.

Ecolux batteries are pretty good also. I use them in my Pard and torches. Buy a decent charger, the cheapies have a reputation for going on fire. I had one, it was plain to see after a while the wire was fraying joining the unit. I junked it.

I find the batteries that come with the PARD are rubbish - fully charged them and they are half drained almost immediately.

Definately worth upgrading

Give Clive ward a call, I got a nice double charger That uses a normal iPhone charger plug or into a charger socket from him for flat top batteries

Hi as above I’m looking for a decent charger and batteries.
Ideally with an in car charger.
anyone got any links?
Regards Dan
Avoid any battery with "fire" in it's name (e.eg Ultrafire) or GTL
Avoid any battery which claims a capacity of more than 3600mah - such batteries simply don't exist
Genuine Panasonic, Sony, Samsung, LG, Ampsplus, Vapcell with capacities up to 3500mah are all good
Batteries rated for 5 amps are fine. Vaping batteries (which produce much higher currents) can be used, but are a bit of a waste of money
Note that, to work in a PARD 007 the battery must be flat top and unprotected. Nipple top and/or protected batteries will simply not fit into the PARD battery holder
For a charger, I'd recommend Nitecore or Xtar
Good and trustworthy sellers are Ecolux shop, Torchy the battery boy and Fogstar
Most E Bay sellers of 18650 do NOT sell genuine batteries

Cheers

Bruce

Nitecore 4 I use but my batteries come from old laptop batteries. Usually when a laptop battery fails its only 1cell gone down.
Inside you get 5 or 6 18650 wired together so a quick separate and plug them in to the nightcore.
It,l analyse them and tell u which is duff .
Quality batteries that last years 👌

Avoid any battery with "fire" in it's name (e.eg Ultrafire)

You told me this and it's proven true. I also discovered that among my collection the heavier the battery the better it performs (not surprisingly all the 'xxxxfire' batteries are lightweights).

Top tip, get a plastic box in which to keep your spare battery. Don't put it in your pocket with your car keys (ask me how I know 🙄).

Back