PARD 800

Gunner223

Would any fellow members own a Pard 800, if so can you tell me how close it focuses , on the info it says 3m, which is good for ratting
but after a google search some people say they struggle to focus to 15yds, So any info would be good.
Thanks

fizzbangwhallop

:rofl: ........just tried it..... 2.7m..... that’s with my original Pard8 updated with the LRF software which may/may not slightly increase the base magnification. (It certainly magnifies the zoom more than the original).

Any rat viewed through it at that distance would look enormouse .....the field of view is 6.5” so it would take a bit of finding.

cheers

fizz

Orion

Excellent customer service as usual from Ian at Blackwood Outdoors. :thumb:

Just make sure you delete the file from your SD card after doing the update, otherwise it will keep returning to the new factory setting without your custom presets every time you start up.

Freeforester

Just out checking the .22 prior to bunnies this afternoon/eve, I can focus down to reading a beer bottle label (no mean feat for me!) at 2metres, so a terrific capability, thanks for the exercise Gunner, were all learning- be sure to wear steel toecap boots and don't step on any peanut butter sarnies as you go, lol, the Pard NV008 LRF-B (built-in bayonet) will no doubt be available shortly!

Gunner223

Just out checking the .22 prior to bunnies this afternoon/eve, I can focus down to reading a beer bottle label (no mean feat for me!) at 2metres, so a terrific capability, thanks for the exercise Gunner, were all learning- be sure to wear steel toecap boots and don't step on any peanut butter sarnies as you go, lol, the Pard NV008 LRF-B (built-in bayonet) will no doubt be available shortly!
Sometimes in the cattle sheds at night, the little buggers run across my boots, and let me tell you, it makes you jump. :thumb:

Orion

I’m probably being dense (quite common so I’m told). NV008 around £595. NV008 LRF over £800, but you can upgrade the software for free? Does this convert a non-LRF to an LRF, saving a couple of hundred quid?!!!
Have read through of the linked Blackwood webpage. It gives you certain additional features, but even the internet cannot graft the LRF unit onto your existing 008 unit. ;)

Guesty

Gunner I hope you don't mind if I hijack a bit?
What is the Field Of View like on the 008?
For me FOV is paramount for useful ratting, and the x6.5 base mag could indicate a narrow FOV.

Guesty

Thanks Bruce, that does sound pretty narrow, but will go check that against my Leupold 3-9 EFR / Ward800S combo.

mealiejimmy

As much as it pains me to recommend an ATN product, the X Sight 4Kpro 3-14 has an FOV of 4.6 feet at 10 yards.
At ratting ranges, the supplied LED illuminator should be enough to get a decent image

Cheers

Bruce