Peter Lawman

8x57

Distinguished Member
From another website the opinion appears to be that he has stopped trading. He always was very difficult to contact.

navaran5

Spoke to him recently, he has stopped trading? He was full of tales of woe, how trade was slow and he had had enough!

enfieldspares

Hmm. I bought some re-packaged Vectan SP7 from him two years ago or more...and it took the primer clean out of the bottom of the case when I tried the first round...loaded to 5% under the starting load recommended in the Vectan manual.

It caused me to have doubts about whether it was really canister SP7 or "bulk grade" SP7. Spoke to contacts in France who said that that loading, in that cartridge, with standard canister SP7 should never have performed that way.

I would NEVER buy powder from him again.

Last edited:

Paul at Fechan

he's probably not stopped trading, he'll just be waiting on the order from a couple of years ago so he can send me my fmj. Was never the expedient type Pete.

8x57

Distinguished Member
Hmm. I bought some re-packaged Vectan SP7 from him two years ago or more...and it took the primer clean out of the bottom of the case when I tried the first round...loaded to 5% under the starting load recommended in the Vectan manual.

It caused me to have doubts about whether it was really canister SP7 or "bulk grade" SP7. Spoke to contacts in France who said that that loading, in that cartridge, with standard canister SP7 should never have performed that way.

I would NEVER buy powder from him again.

I purchased TU2000 from him some years ago and it came in an unmarked canister. I wondered about the legality of that at the time and was sufficiently concerned that I phoned him about it. As it happens the powder turned out to be brilliant in my .222 but I still had reservations of powder in unmarked canisters. My first job was to mark the container in indelible marker.

tozzybum

tried last year ,3 times .he,s not into ringing you back and some very angry people were trying to get their things back .that was over 8 months ago.good luck getting your guns back .tale of woe at that time too:?:

vulpes vulpes

I'm still waiting to hear back about some .243 brass, then again it was only 9 years ago.:rolleyes:, I think I'll give him another 5 years and give him a ring.;).