Pheasant shooting - what has that got to do with dog fighting

Bart308

Anyone else watching channel 4 and wondering why they put an extended piece on a driven shoot in a documentary about scumbags dog fighting.
Trying to show british attitudes to animals or somthing or trying to make fieldsports look bad more like

Watched about 5 mins and that was enough for me. They clowns need locked in cage with a pack of wolfs. It's the poor dogs I feel sorry for having owners like them. At the end of the day the dogs are only trying to please they c***s

Indeed perdix- biased leftie ****ers

Certainly is.
I can never understand why anyone would take all the time to bond with,exercise,train etc a dog and then let it get ripped to pieces for their (the owners) pleasure.
I have had a couple of bull breeds and they are cracking dogs if reared properly.
What a crying shame that fools still feel the need to fight their dogs

Really did not get why C4 gave it air time - seemed to be some wanabe "gangsta" documentary maker trying to justify dog fighting by using shooting, horse racing and farming as examples.
Not in the same league! At least it was not my TV licence fee funding this piece of cr@p juistifying the unjustifiable.

Watched about 5 minutes of it, sick minded people. I personally think all these breed of dogs should be banned. I know there are some genuine people who will keep them as a family pet but the majority of the times you see them they are with some scrott who has it as a status symbol.

Makes you laugh that these so called hard men have to be filmed with their voices dubbed and dress up with every bit of their skin covered.

Similarly....what did anti-hunt vigilantes have to do with a programme on anger? It may interest some on here to know that film of individuals obtained by covert means without that individuals knowledge and permission cannot be broadcast...so I'd like to think that OFCOM's phone will be hopping after Angry Britain's 'Mean Streets' on Channel 5 last night; it WAS one sided, as hunting's powers-that-be told any and all hunts NOT to cooperate with the company making the documentary, for the reason stated above

All these type of dogs go hand in hand with criminals and drugs.If television crew can gain access that easy why cant the police or the RSPCA. If it was fox hunting they would be there like a shot.As usual all big men hiding behind masks talking complete rubbish.I also must admit that pheasant shooting was put into the wrong context along side dog fighting the producer must have been on drugs.

My patent 'Elephant-In-The-Room-O-Meter' went off the scale...the protagonist(s) in the programme were black, of coloured Afro-Caribbean ethnicity.

As above, if it was the usual stereotypical nonsense about red coated toffs on horses who may or may not have gone to school with David Cameron, the wider authorities would have been all over it like a rash; as it is, the police and aRSePCA wouldn't want to tackle the Yardies for fear of being considered racist

Really? I got the impression they were from families of Pakistani origin (hence the footage of legal dog fights in that country)?

I shan't say anything to hinder my defence...just some looked too thick set for Asians ;)

Last edited:
The sad thing is that the authority,s are scared of those sorts of people,Fox hunting is far easier to deal with as they are generally all good people that are involved with the hunt

I see we have the usual I don't like the look to ban them comments.

We buried my second Staffie the other year, I took him on at 3 1/2 years of age and had him for 13 years until it was time to call it a day, he was losing the use of his back legs and lost most of his muscle mass, his site had been deteriorating for some years but he was happy and mobile. once he lost his mobility and started to become stressed it was time to end it..................................... I still miss him greatly. A more laid back Dog would have been harder to find of ANY breed and it had been shockingly mistreated before he came to me. I got him after being without a dog from about 5 months after losing my previous Staffie and oddly enough although i knew her from a pup I did not take her on until she was 3 1/2 years old after her owner died. She hated other dogs but would ignore and avoid them. reason being she was attacked by two adult dogs when about 12 weeks old ............................................ she never forgot.

If a dog approached her she would warn it off and eventually nip it it it did not leave her alone. The only dogs she got on with were a friend Dobermans whom she had known since being a puppy. She went senile at nearly 17 years of age. She was an excellent house dog and at the time I lived in a small block of flats and she knew everyone who lived there and whom visited regularly by their footsteps. When the ladies bought new shoes their footsteps were different so she would bark to warn of strangers. They spoke to her through the door and she didn not bark at them again yet always warned of strangers. Three of the ladies living int he flats told me this reassured them as they then knew when someone strange to the flats was about.

Being council properties built in the mid 1960's they required rewiring so the workman were introduced to her and she would then allow them in as I was at work, one day the younger electrician " her" so he sheepisly went to the foreman to tell him who laughed at him. he then took her to one of the ground floor flats and there she was with the old lady a Mrs Tester who was making a fuss of my Stafffordshire and giving her a few titbits of biscuit as Mrs Tester was having some tea.

The local fields and stream on a weekend would have a dozen of more Staffies running around on it yet the only fights I witnessed involved Boarder Collies ......................................... perhaps we should ban them as after all they start fights in my own personal experience.

My second Staffie was attacked the first morning I had him ......................... yes by a damned Boarder Collies whos owner just said oh he always does that!!!!! Luckily J-D treated it as a game and just wrestled the Collie onto it side all the while wagging his tale. If he had torn into the Collie who would have been blamed ........................ yep J-D because he was a Staffordshire Bull terrier.

I did not see the programme of course as I rarely watch TV due to the drivel they show upon it.

BTW Phil Drabble used to always have Staffordshires .

Seemed to me the only reason to show phesant shooting was that all the experts (and some of the the YouTube footage) was starting to show that the barbaric blood sport was being carried out by inner city poor people or foreign cultures and they didn't like that so though best to include some educated rich white blokes who also love killing.

The worst part was their defence of "the dogs love it, it's in their breed" and then he put two fresh young dogs into the ri g and they wanted nothing do do with fighting each other. Just goes to show that behaviour is taught , you can nurture either good or bad characteristics in any animal.

I see we have the usual I don't like the look to ban them comments.

We buried my second Staffie the other year, I took him on at 3 1/2 years of age and had him for 13 years until it was time to call it a day, he was losing the use of his back legs and lost most of his muscle mass, his site had been deteriorating for some years but he was happy and mobile. once he lost his mobility and started to become stressed it was time to end it..................................... I still miss him greatly. A more laid back Dog would have been harder to find of ANY breed and it had been shockingly mistreated before he came to me. I got him after being without a dog from about 5 months after losing my previous Staffie and oddly enough although i knew her from a pup I did not take her on until she was 3 1/2 years old after her owner died. She hated other dogs but would ignore and avoid them. reason being she was attacked by two adult dogs when about 12 weeks old ............................................ she never forgot.

If a dog approached her she would warn it off and eventually nip it it it did not leave her alone. The only dogs she got on with were a friend Dobermans whom she had known since being a puppy. She went senile at nearly 17 years of age. She was an excellent house dog and at the time I lived in a small block of flats and she knew everyone who lived there and whom visited regularly by their footsteps. When the ladies bought new shoes their footsteps were different so she would bark to warn of strangers. They spoke to her through the door and she didn not bark at them again yet always warned of strangers. Three of the ladies living int he flats told me this reassured them as they then knew when someone strange to the flats was about.

Being council properties built in the mid 1960's they required rewiring so the workman were introduced to her and she would then allow them in as I was at work, one day the younger electrician " her" so he sheepisly went to the foreman to tell him who laughed at him. he then took her to one of the ground floor flats and there she was with the old lady a Mrs Tester who was making a fuss of my Stafffordshire and giving her a few titbits of biscuit as Mrs Tester was having some tea.

The local fields and stream on a weekend would have a dozen of more Staffies running around on it yet the only fights I witnessed involved Boarder Collies ......................................... perhaps we should ban them as after all they start fights in my own personal experience.

My second Staffie was attacked the first morning I had him ......................... yes by a damned Boarder Collies whos owner just said oh he always does that!!!!! Luckily J-D treated it as a game and just wrestled the Collie onto it side all the while wagging his tale. If he had torn into the Collie who would have been blamed ........................ yep J-D because he was a Staffordshire Bull terrier.

I did not see the programme of course as I rarely watch TV due to the drivel they show upon it.

BTW Phil Drabble used to always have Staffordshires .

:tiphat:

I found my working Lakelands more likely to grumble and squabble than any Staffy.
"When we are good no-one remembers,when we are bad no-one forgets" seems very apt with Staffordshire Bulls and funnily enough the shooting community

These are not staffies that we are talking about but pitbulls a different dog altogether. I have had dealings with both and trust me I could have trusted every staffy I have owned but never ever trust a pitbull there personality can change in a heart beat and change back in the second heart beat

Had a pit cross just before the ban and she was sound enough but I do agree with you there Howa308.
It's a shame that the idiots that like to strutt about looking tough have turned their attention to the Staffy now.
Funnily enough the worst dog I ever saw for aggression was a Lab!

These are not staffies that we are talking about but pitbulls a different dog altogether. I have had dealings with both and trust me I could have trusted every staffy I have owned but never ever trust a pitbull there personality can change in a heart beat and change back in the second heart beat

I have seen many dogs that owners claimed to be Pitbulls but to me they looked like a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. So I don't believe that I have ever encountered a proper Pit Bull. Someone once told me that J-D was a Pit Bull an I just laughed at them:-

J-D and his new friend taken quite a few years back now. J-D was starting to show his age the white spreading on his muzzle.

Playing tug of war the reason why I got him a friend. When I lived next to Gatwick there were plenty of walking places but now we live in the country none unless one takes the car.

The other dog has grown some over the years.

Back