Photos from Canada 2008 Elk/Mule deer Hunt.

devilishdave

Deer

Huge animals and some cracking pics. I am guessing by the fact you are carying the heads out you are to far from civilisation to extract the venison?

Dave

re'M'ington

I was wondering the same thing 'TP' do you use the carcases,or are they just left where they drop?I do hope not,as,I hate to see waste,I think if I shot one,I would have to set up camp there until I had eaten the whole thing.............a couple of days ought to do it,as long as I don't have too much pudding and only a light starter.............mmmmmmm.
.........................................Martin.

TOP_PREDATOR

Don't quote me as i'm not right up on Canadian game laws,but all eatable meat from game animals must packed out, other than for Wolf's and Grizzly Bears.

Most guys use ATVs where they can to get meat out,Outfitters/guides in more remote parts use pack Horses.

If carcases were left behind Wolfs and Bears would make short work of them.

conibear

Huge animals and some cracking pics. I am guessing by the fact you are carying the heads out you are to far from civilisation to extract the venison?

Dave
its bc law that you must extract all the edible parts of a game animal and you must also take the antlers as proof of sex or a udder if you kill a female,
cheers dan