Picatinny Rail Fitting Tikka T3

Maidment78

Hello all,

I am going to fit a pic rail to my Tikka T3 this weekend, it says it is T3 specific and comes with bolts and lug, now, I know there are the 4 grubs in the top of the action but what should I expect when I try and take these out?

Any advice or pre warnings would be great thanks,

P.

Gunner223

I fitted one and a very easy job, screws come strait out, watch the length of the forward bolt , if to long it will catch the bolt when you try and load a round.

Edinburgh Rifles

grub screws are plastic most of the time
do not be tempted to use bedding compound, loctite or anything else between rail and receiver
only take a smidge too much and you start losing elevation range (gaining is fine, losing is not)

Colin G

grub screws are plastic most of the time
do not be tempted to use bedding compound, loctite or anything else between rail and receiver
only take a smidge too much and you start losing elevation range (gaining is fine, losing is not)
^ This one as said the grub screws are plastic and the other rail if it is a Tikka specific will line up and just tighten the screws down job done

willowbank

Grub screws only screw out a tad and just slightly proud of receiver rail, keep turning as though they have run out of thread but do not come out further, any ideas?

Willowbank.

Ttocs

The blanking grub screws are tiny, they probably have just run out of thread. Bent a paper lip and push them from below as you turn them and they should fall out.
N

Ronin

Distinguished Member
Push them through into the action and allow to drop out

Use the contessa rail which has a lug which engages in a corresponding hole in the action for added secure fitting

I always bond rails to actions too when I fit them