Pine Tree Resin

ianc

Hi All

I need some advice just bought a Normad top and sat happy in high seat over weekend got covered on back with pine resin smell good but a real mess how do I get rid or am I just stuffed

jonny.c

i had this and its not funny best way i had was to freeze it down till it went hard then simply picked off :cool:

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
I know this is going to sound weird but..... WD40!

Spray a bit on a clean rag and gently rub the sticky patch... it will dissolve the sap a treat. I've done my Nomad fleece a few times now! :D

redlab

Hi All I need some advice just bought a Normad top and sat happy in high seat over weekend got covered on back with pine resin smell good but a real mess how do I get rid or am I just stuffed

stick it in the freezer, then pick it off. becomes very brittle when frozen

Dw

DJC

I know this is going to sound weird but..... WD40!

Spray a bit on a clean rag and gently rub the sticky patch... it will dissolve the sap a treat. I've done my Nomad fleece a few times now! :D

+1with WD40 this is the same with chewing gum

DJC

Hi All

I need some advice just bought a Normad top and sat happy in high seat over weekend got covered on back with pine resin smell good but a real mess how do I get rid or am I just stuffed

Sat happy LOL you did nothing but moan all bloody weekend good tho

MrMickeyD

Not sure if it will work on clothing but when i was on the forest floor chainsaw cutting everyday, i used to use shaving foam to rid sap from my skin. Just spray on, rub it in a bit, leave for a few mins then hop into the shower to rinse off. Worked a treat. Might be worth a try before you put petrol on it!