Poachers and Exmoor Red Deer

novice

I take it the rest of the carcasses weren't present? Must take some finding and handling that volume of deer. I'm assuming they're taken to be one night's work and it won't turn out to be a favoured parking spot of a local guide?!? Not the work of a couple of brainless dog lads in any event. Have the police made polite enquiries of all game handling establishments within striking distance :p

Last edited:

Taff

several hundred pounds for antlers, anybody want to buy a set of 13 pointers, there will always be poachers as long as you can sell deer.

jon2

How has anyone come to the conclusion the deer have been poached because they have come across some deer heads in a lay by? Or have I missed something in the reporting?

Last edited:

Taff

I suppose there could be a absent minded stalker, thinking to himself at this moment, now where did I put those heads ?

KBar1970

Where oh where is Saint Paul of Tilsley from the League Against Cruel Sports demanding that the toughest action be taken, rather than bleating on about one feckin stag on Alfoxton Park which the LACS are paying a security firm (I s**t ye not) to 'guard'?

Oh, but this is poaching, not hunting or stalking...'low reasoning and high hypocrisy' [as Richard Course, former LACS head shed, before he stopped believing his own propaganda and saw the light]

CharlieT

There's been a cracking stag, rights 4 & 5, holding a large bunch of hinds up behind me for the past three weeks. Poor blighter is now lying dead in the field having been gut shot, presumably from the road with a lamp.

I presume those responsible were disturbed before they could extract it.

But as you say, Mr Tilsey would rather shove a camera in my face when I'm out hunting then actually do something for deer welfare.

shortshot

How has anyone come to the conclusion the deer have been poached because they have come across some deer heads in a lay by? Or have I missed something in the reporting?
You have too smile at the b*****ks the papers print! Who pays several hundred pounds for antlers sawn off a head?
A few years back, I lost a fallow carcass off an atv out the back of a pickup (legs and head off) about 20 miles from same spot and the NDJ ran a similar deer poaching spread; they seemed to think the "headless carcass was discarded" by poachers who had only wanted the head and legs!! Along with usual police opinion. Confusing theories with elephant or rhino poaching.