POI shift on 10/22 stock change.

Firefly

I have recently changed the stock on my ruger 10/22 from original factory stock (no barrel band) to a houge plastic stock which leaves barrel free floating. Although I haven’t touched the scope or mounts my POI was 8 inches lower than previous zero at 50yards. There is not enough adjustment in the scope to bring it back. Can this extreme change be caused by the stock change ? Can anyone throw any light on this please.

thank you.
Ff

Last edited:

Daddy The Skunk

I would say the results you have say it has happened, consider building up a pad to put the barrel in contact again. Were I to to this the experiment would be of some easily removed material in case it did not work. For example leather shims.

Tazz

Try putting the old stock back on in case you have upset something in the swap, 8 inches at 50 yds is a big variance. There are lots of rails you can buy to make up the amount of lift you need to the scope but I would want to better understand what’s happened first. Easiest check is return it to how it was and check that the POI goes back fully to where it was

Last edited: