Police Scotland renewal

Woodsmoke

As above, just had mine come through and noticed they've simplified the condition wording significantly. No more mention of 'the protection of livestock or humans', etc. Now they're basically saying, 'If you need to shoot it, and it's legal, crack on'.

Attachments

• 20180806_173819.jpg
    20180806_173819.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 104

CharlieT

As you will know, that was the condition applied to expanding ammo. Now that expanding ammo is no longer section 5 that condition has become obsolete and is therefore no longer printed on FAC's

kes

I would beware of the 'over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot' or some such.
One would presume the protection of livestock and humans might also occur on land you may not have authority to shoot, unless given at the time by the owner or police. It would be interesting to know if all shooters can assume the 'protection of livestock etc' .
My cert says exactly as yours but I've never had explicit permission 'for the protection of .......' Being asked to shoot something by the police would be rather out of the ordinary and how does one judge 'the protection of humans' e.g. on the highway ?

25 Sharps

I would beware of the 'over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot' or some such.
One would presume the protection of livestock and humans might also occur on land you may not have authority to shoot, unless given at the time by the owner or police. It would be interesting to know if all shooters can assume the 'protection of livestock etc' .
My cert says exactly as yours but I've never had explicit permission 'for the protection of .......' Being asked to shoot something by the police would be rather out of the ordinary and how does one judge 'the protection of humans' e.g. on the highway ?

The police can’t give you authority to shoot on private land

Woodsmoke

I was really just making the point that it's refreshing to see things have finally become a little bit clearer, rather than ever more-complicated as seems to have been the case over recent years

chanonry

Also because they used to put stuff on like 'shooting Roe deer' which they realised was daft when I pointed out to them that I could shoot CWD or Muntjac in England. So they cut that sort of rubbish out.

One other thing to look out for at the moment:

When I put in a variation they added a restriction for target shooting only at my club ranges. I pointed out that this made it hard for me to join other clubs. It got changed easy enough but it felt like a bit of a policy...