Portable high seats

DJC

Hi any advice on portable high seats are they worth the money which is the best to buy extra

Dave

Highlandsjohn

View attachment 72071 I bought this one off ebay about five years ago,no complaints. I generally leave it set up in place until I want to move it to a different area. That would depend on how secure your ground is,but its reasonably portable if that's all you are carrying.
It costs today £179.95,(the pic is off ebay) not a lot more than when I got it, maybe £20.00 give or take... Given me very good service,so i would recommend it. There are much cheaper on the market, someone else may speak for them..good luck,john

ps I think there was a thread on here quite recently you could do a search for..

deerwarden

A stupid question maybe but how do you shoot to the left or right with one of these? Cos the bar is straight ahead.
Most of them are like that, only allow for shooting forwards, I get 2x1 battening and tie wrap extra supports behind the back of the seat, and to the front bar, then one either side so you have support all the way around you. deerwarden

Highlandsjohn

Most of them are like that, only allow for shooting forwards, I get 2x1 battening and tie wrap extra supports behind the back of the seat, and to the front bar, then one either side so you have support all the way around you. deerwarden
Me to,necessity being the mother of.....they are made like that for easy folding and carrying.

Eric the Red

The go to brands are the Bushwear Panther or the X3M1 (I think that's the designation). One of the European hunting firms does what must be a pattern or licenced version too. Not dissimilar in price at base level at least, I am very impressed with the Panther. With the height extension and the freestanding legs kit, it is an allround versatile tool - I think £300 all in.....

mathieson

Hi have a look at the seeland portable high seats they are realy good quality have been useing one for the last few years now only minutes to put up and take down simular to the bushwear pather but better quality

mchughcb

At a guess a large % of UK shooters would not attempt putting that up as the ticking of boxes, reams of paper work from the courses undertaken also the wages of a supervisor would send them off on a paid stalk............

Tim.243
The UK is leaving the EU. Now is the time to stop the nanny state. Mind you if you overweight, unfit and have a fear of heights then I don't suggest this either. The sit and climb is actually quite good but a little heavy for me. I since bought the hand climber which is fantastic in terms of weight. However you really need to be fit to support your weight with your elbows as you pull the bottom platform up. It does fold extremely flat into the boot of the car making it ideal for portability.

Highlandsjohn

Talking of which :DView attachment 72086 When my heavier high seats were trapped till harvest time, I made this one from, a no longer loved, folding ladder, two pieces of threaded rod and some scrap wood.Not for the faint hearted but portable and easy to put up. Again as previously mentioned side rests added if required from 2x2" and duct tape.... Just a thought though. If you do add ons to these seats, make sure they are firmly fixed. No point in grabbing at something to have it come away in your hand. A rope to lift and lower your rifle and gear. I also have a hook screwed to the front edge of my rifle rest. I put the strap of my gun slip over it,to allow my rifle to rest horizontally in front of me, so I don't need to hold it until i need it..

mchughcb

No offense to anybody here but the American stands comply with the TMA standards and nobody wants to use them but are quite happy to slap together a stand with a spare chinese ladder laying around and some scrap wood and are quite happy to climb up 12 feet with no safety harness.