Available: Possible shooting buddy

Free range rob

A few years back I lost my lifelong shooting buddy, Mostly I like been out on my own, but do think sometimes a buddy to be out with wouldnt be a bad thing, I cover a lot of ground and varied species, vermin and deer.

Ive numerous ‘’fair weather’’ shooting friends that pop round occasionally, but would be good to meet a local who has more interest than a passing whim, someone who has experience, preferably fac and s/g cert, and ideally ground to offer return swaps for a change of scenery.
i can offer
squirell
rats
rabbits, ferreting, lamping, shotgun when combining.
pigeons, roost and decoying (I need to look into the legalities of roosting under the GL)
corvid decoying
foxing
deer stalking.

I use a variety of things, ferrets, traps, air rifles, s/g and centrefires.
I have many contacts further afield, and once known and trusted my invites would most likely be extended to a trusted person.

Let me make this clear, this will not be a green light to just turn up on my ground and do as you want when you want, nor do I expect this in return, this is for Mutually organised days/nights out enjoying what’s on offer at the time.
I don’t particularly want to be baby sitting a newbie with no experience, been there and done that several times and wasted a lot of time for them to move onto the next fad that takes thier fancy, however for a genuine person I don’t mind helping out where I can.
I may sound a bit grumpy, well I guess I am, but idiots, liars, back stabbers and the like will not be tolerated and get very short shrift.
In return, if you can offer something back then I reciprocate all that I ask.

dazb1967

Great offer just make sure whoever you invite does not get too friendly with the landowner as they may worm there way in, I'm not sure of the agreement you have but It does happen

Stalker1962

Great offer just make sure whoever you invite does not get too friendly with the landowner as they may worm there way in, I'm not sure of the agreement you have but It does happen

What a terribly cynical attitude.

I have, in the past, been invited to permissions from Lands End to John o'Groats - by people who trusted me.

As a consequence, I am now able to offer paid "night time" excursions, the length and breadth of the country.
PM me for details.

Sandyb

I lost my long term shooting partner in 2014. He would travel 50 miles each way to shoot with me… I tried to find someone to buddy up with but didn’t find that again.. Wish you luck. It’s a shame as I’m a bit too far in Peterborough and already travel 100 miles a day for work😔

Free range rob

Yes, I’m well aware of that, fortunately I am the landowner in most cases 😂 and the other ground I shoot over is either very close friends or related back down the line somehow, 👍 anyone thinking they will worm in will have a suprise

Free range rob

I lost my long term shooting partner in 2014. He would travel 50 miles each way to shoot with me… I tried to find someone to buddy up with but didn’t find that again.. Wish you luck. It’s a shame as I’m a bit too far in Peterborough and already travel 100 miles a day for work😔
That would add another 80 ish miles a day

Sampo

A lovely gesture and hope you find the buddy who meets your expectations. Its always nice to have a close circle of people you get along with to share the passion of shooting and possibly enjoying some meals of what was shot. All the best.

dazb1967

I remember my first shooting permission well, I would travel in an old land rover from Newcastle to Castle Douglas for a mornings shotgun shooting for a few Rabbits. those were the days as they say.

Franchi Matt

Great offer for someone 👍 shame I dont have any ground to offer as an exchange as you sound equally as direct and moody as myself.... 😔 good luck with your search my brother from a different mofher.

Andyquadra

Hi Rob
What an amazing offer!
I'd love to put my name forward, but I don't have any land to reciprocate, and with 2 young children, I don't have buckets of time on my side.
Please keep me in mine 👍

Free range rob

Great offer for someone 👍 shame I dont have any ground to offer as an exchange as you sound equally as direct and moody as myself.... 😔 good luck with your search my brother from a different mofher.
The exchange isn’t set in stone, I added it as sometimes it’s just nice to have a change of scenery and see how other people do it 👍
However I see your in Chelmsford and that’s quite a trek, from experience the enthusiasm soon wanes the further it is to travel

Andycf

That’s a very generous offer you have made and I sincerely hope that your kindness is rewarded with a like minded person joining you on your country side pursuit’s.
If ever you are up in my neck of the woods (North Worcestershire) and fancy a day/evening on the river (Severn or Warwickshire Avon) fishing for Barbel or perhaps fly fishing for trout, or possibly even a clay shooting session just give me a shout as I’m sure the missus wouldn’t mind me disappearing from mowing the lawn etc

Free range rob

That’s a very generous offer you have made and I sincerely hope that your kindness is rewarded with a like minded person joining you on your country side pursuit’s.
If ever you are up in my neck of the woods (North Worcestershire) and fancy a day/evening on the river (Severn or Warwickshire Avon) fishing for Barbel or perhaps fly fishing for trout, or possibly even a clay shooting session just give me a shout as I’m sure the missus wouldn’t mind me disappearing from mowing the lawn etc
Blimey, I’ve not fished for barbel for nigh on 35 years now, crazy considering I have some great rivers locally for them, I always enjoyed my coarse fishing as a youngster.
Very kind of you to offer that thank you 👍