posting to other forum members

ashray

good morning ,a quick question if i may ,i have posted an item to northern ireland and the chap says it has not arrived .i sent it signed for and tracked by royal mail.i have a signed receipt from royal mail giving the name of the recieving person ,a time and a date.i am in contact with the post office to try and sort this but wondered if any one else has had problems with mail going astray when sent to northern ireland?

deerstalker.308

doesn't sound like it has gone astray, more likely signed for by a neighbour and the dots haven't been joined up yet, if its signed for and you have those details, I would say its firmly out of your hands and either down to royal mail or the recipient to sort out?

The Singing Stalker

It is not unknown for the postie to sign it. Go online and you can get the signature and send it to the buyer. Ask him if that is his. If not then you have a issue to report. If he reports it Royal Mail will do sod all. I speak from experience here. You should report it if it is an issue.

Markfox

I’ve posted stuff to northan Ireland, the signatures I’ve got were from we’re it leaves this country to go on to Ireland so s sort of passed over signature

I’ve usually found it takes a further 5 days odd to get to the recipient and usually with no signature on the receiving end but they always got there you may need to be patient

ashray

good afternoon ,the post office tell me i have to wait another ten days and .then they will start looking into what has happened .so i will have to sit and wait. does seem a bit odd when the post office sent me the signed receipt<copy>