Powder Thrower for RL10x & RL19

rookyshot

Hi Everyone

I'm starting to increase the volume of reloading I'm doing and currently looking at adding a powder thrower to my RCBS balance scale and trickler setup.

Ideally I'd like to to an accuracy from the thrower where I'm only weighing circa 1 in 10 loads once correctly set up.

I'm consider high end throwers such as Harrell & RCBS but then the financial gap to an RCBS charge master lite is not a massive jump.

Any feedback on the accuracy I'm likely to get with a manual Harrell or RCBS with RL10x & RL19 powder and if you recommend going the next step to a charge master lite to fully automate the process would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

njc110381

As long as you're not right on the limit of maximum load it will throw a safe load I would have said. If you want it tenth of a grain accurate then it probably won't.

Daddy The Skunk

I weigh 100% of my charges for rifle, what you can do is set the dispenser light and trickle up in the scale pan takes very little time and you have consistent charge weights and that wont hurt accuracy. I have used the PACT electric dispenser in the past and it at times required trickling to the desired charge.

308tikka

Harrels v v good. However my redding competition is fantastic- where both go wrong (more than 0.2gn) is when throwing ‘chunky’ powder. If you throw fine ball powder its v v consistent.

if I may suggest using a Targetmaster - and made by a gentleman on this forum. They are the best design ive used outside of a Prometheus which is almost certainly not what youre looking for.

rookyshot

Harrels v v good. However my redding competition is fantastic- where both go wrong (more than 0.2gn) is when throwing ‘chunky’ powder. If you throw fine ball powder its v v consistent.

if I may suggest using a Targetmaster - and made by a gentleman on this forum. They are the best design ive used outside of a Prometheus which is almost certainly not what youre looking for.

Thanks I'll take a look in to those options.