powder

Woodsmoke

If you've been reloading for 40 years I'd hazard the guess that 'appropriately' would be the answer to your question?

bluesako

hi, yes i think after all this time i know how to store my powder safely, but a mate just had a home visit for a new safe he bought, and was told that he should store his reloading powder in a secure wooden box with partitions in, as my mate is new to shooting, he went and bought one for a stupid ammount of money, i thought this powder storage thing was for black powder, i myself in all my years of reloading have just kept my powder on the shelf in my gunroom, which is securley locked , any thoughts? dave.

Edinburgh Rifles

hi, yes i think after all this time i know how to store my powder safely, but a mate just had a home visit for a new safe he bought, and was told that he should store his reloading powder in a secure wooden box with partitions in, as my mate is new to shooting, he went and bought one for a stupid ammount of money, i thought this powder storage thing was for black powder, i myself in all my years of reloading have just kept my powder on the shelf in my gunroom, which is securley locked , any thoughts? dave.

That's a black powder requirement
not required for shooters powders which are propellant rather than explosive

Woodsmoke

Yep. As above. I store mine just as you do, in the manufacturers packaging, away from direct sunlight :)

reloader54

hi ive been reloading for nigh on 40 years a simple question how do i store my powder ?

seems the first question was slightly misleading then, as for the second question yes I have some thoughts but I'll hang on to them in case the question changes again. ;):rofl: