Pre health and safety; army training

rodkayak

tracer pre health a safety.jpgI was looking through the barn and found some old magazines. I found a pic of very un health and safety discharging of Bren guns. Note the water strike marks and a ricocheting round curving in the back ground and the expressions of the trainee solders. Illumination provided solely by the tracer rounds.

Bandit Country

Hmmm? Can't see any 'empties' under the guns and I think the cameraman must have used a flash, as the shadow of both gunners is on their left sides...?

goathunter1

I'm sure many on here will remember the famous quote, and I don't recall the exact location, but when it was getting a bit hot, one of the lads was prompted to remark " it's nearly as bad as Achnacarry!" Aye, tough training indeed.

8x57

Distinguished Member
Hmmm? Can't see any 'empties' under the guns and I think the cameraman must have used a flash, as the shadow of both gunners is on their left sides...?
How would you know Sir, you are far too young to remember the Bren even the L4 version. :lol:

P.S. I don't know about .303 but doesn't 7.62mm tracer not start to show untill it is 100 yards or so downrange.
Once again perhaps evidence of 1940s "photo airbrushing".

Last edited: