precision rifles

nowler

he's the best rifle builder/rifle-smith in the uk and arguably one of the best in the world. his depth of knowledge far exceeds everyone elses in this country, and he's a really great bloke into the bargain. there are many people who can plumb a rifle together, there aren't many who understand everything they're doing and why they are doing it. callum understands it all. i'd have no hesitations if i were you.

Mick9abf

I have only met Callum Ferguson once which was recently at Lochter and all the positive comments are spot on. He is a really pleasant knowledgable guy who I asked advice about a rifle I want for boar/Chamios/possibly plains game if I can swing it.

We discussed 30-06 and 300 win mag which were the calibres I was thinking of. He has kind of swayed me to a decision with his thoughts. It's clear his knowledge speaks volumes and he ended by telling me to give him a call for advice when he could make more time so I suspect there will be a sako .243 in the classifieds section as soon as I get a variation sorted.

As an aside I saw one of his rifles in action last week and they are seriously nice bits of kit, don't think I could afford a full build from him unfortunately!!

Longshot

Would be very intertested to hear how it goes with Russ Gall. I have heard, and read, very good reports about his work.

Tikka 260

+ 1 on red mists comment. Callum talked me into a 260 long before it became a popular calibre in UK, sound advice freely given, and when I made my own mind up the result was exactly and perhaps better than promised. The cost? ... I got what I paid for.

Apart from that, Callum is a real gentleman to do business with.

sauer

I have a Russell gall build .25-06 with left handed bat action etc etc and can't fault him superb work would use again you also have grant Taylor in Dundee who built his own rifles then won F- class 1000 uk & European championship with rifle he built himself ... He is Taylor on here

paul

Odin

Callum is clearly a true Professional - extremely helpful and knowledgable. He explains the engineering and physics which, for me, is the sign of a gunsmith truly understanding his trade. Far more reassuring than anecdotes!

He is clearly highly respected and recommended. His costs are justified by the quality of the product and the expertise that's available as solutions are discussed.

N.F.W.M

Would be very intertested to hear how it goes with Russ Gall. I have heard, and read, very good reports about his work.
I have two rifles made by Russ Gall, a .243 Ackley using one of his own RG Rifles actions, and a .300 R.U.M on a B.A.T action. I am delighted with both rifles. Built to my exact spec, finished to a very high standard, accurate, competitive price, and most of all...... You don't have to wait 3 years for your rifle.

I will not hesitate to commission a further rifle from Russell when finances allow.

Regards

Ed

Highlander

I have only met Callum Ferguson once which was recently at Lochter and all the positive comments are spot on. He is a really pleasant knowledgable guy who I asked advice about a rifle I want for boar/Chamios/possibly plains game if I can swing it.

We discussed 30-06 and 300 win mag which were the calibres I was thinking of. He has kind of swayed me to a decision with his thoughts. It's clear his knowledge speaks volumes and he ended by telling me to give him a call for advice when he could make more time so I suspect there will be a sako .243 in the classifieds section as soon as I get a variation sorted.

As an aside I saw one of his rifles in action last week and they are seriously nice bits of kit, don't think I could afford a full build from him unfortunately!!
Out of interest which calibre did you opt for having spoken to Callum?

regards

HL

Doric

I spoke to Callum today at precision rifles regarding having some work done on my rifle...
he seemed very pleasant & helpful on the phone! was just wondering if anybody has had any work done with them?
Callum is very very good, expect 100% craftsmanship and accuracy.

bobjs

Doric I know that good gunsmiths can sometimes take a little time to complete work, but Soother spoke to Callum in 2012. I hope that he has finished the job by now.:)

he is still polishing it as its not ready for the cabinet yet, :)

bob.

Acmac25

I have used callum for everything from his rfd services, advice on reloading and calibers to having barrels screwcut and actions re-barrelled. I dont think you could hope to meet a nicer guy with nothing but patients and sound advice. Callums prices are more than fair for the time and precision he puts into all his work. He is my first choice for riflesmith/rfd and my only recommendation.

Cheers

Ali