Presented my grandson with his first rifle.

Night Vision Store

charadam

I take it it's a reasonable calibre for the lad.

Wouldn't like to see him suffering from recoil so early in life.

​6.5 x 55?

Incidentally, is Teyhan related? (See avatar).

Last edited:

Muir

No. A Brno .22 LR.
I also got him a four inch Model 1926 S&W I-Frame revolver in 32 S&W Long but I didn't give it to him. His mom didn't want him up all night.~Muir

PS: No relation!

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
I'm telling his mother that his photo is on a shooting forum, but at least he will be safe here. Don't let her see the S&W otherwise it won't make it to Jnr!

John

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
Mom told him she was going to hire you as a nanny.
Not good.~Muir

Looks like a good healthy dose of fear to me, but I think his mother needs it more than he does. Stop messing on here and get out to that dog town :D

John

Muir

Looks like he thinks you are giving him a Blaser.:D

Yorkie;

PS. Only Joking Blaser owners. They are a good Rifle.

No he's not. He just doesn't want to start a brawl in the presence of a child that is getting JAYB for a Nanny. :D~Muir

(the poor kid's been traumatized enough!)

Muir

Looks like a good healthy dose of fear to me, but I think his mother needs it more than he does. Stop messing on here and get out to that dog town :D

John

Did just that thankyou. Shot them well until a very randy herd bull decided that he was in the mood for a fight and traveled a quarter mile down the ravine, bellowing and kicking up dust, before taking a run at us. Discretion was the better part of valor. Moved over to Jills and got in some l-o-n-g range dogging. Out to four hundred yards or so before we'd shot them all to ground and there was nothing left to shoot. Only two of us will be going back tomorrow. The Marine needs to be on a flight east on Monday morning, early, so he is starting the two day drive home a little early so he can chill with the wife before they put him into it again. We'll miss his gourmet cooking and long range marksmanship exibitions with the 20 Tactical (out to 490 yards) and 6.5 Creedmore.(out to 695 yards) ~Muir

PS: She Who Must Be Obeyed says you should plan on starting the Nanny gig pretty soon. Lots of diapers waiting to be rinsed out.

Last edited:

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
Sounds like fun, the heat must be getting to that bull bet he quickened your stride a little :D.

You can tell that child that her and the diapers are in for a long wait, tell her that's woman's work that should ginger her up a little :D

John

Muir

Sounds like fun, the heat must be getting to that bull bet he quickened your stride a little :D.

You can tell that child that her and the diapers are in for a long wait, tell her that's woman's work that should ginger her up a little :D

John
\

The best part was when he was about 20 ft away snorting and bellowing, I had to walk out and pick up some gear lying on the ground. Everybody else was in the Jeep. That was one belligerent bull. Even firing our rifles to the right and left of him didn't slow him. The funny thing was that while the Marine and I were timing our need to get things (us) out of harms way, and firing at the bull to turn him, our other buddy was still calmly blowing prairiedogs out of their holes with his 20 Practical! Calm as calm can be.

As to She Who Must Be Obeyed.... You tell her that. I'm not going to risk getting a round house kick to the head.~Muir

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
\

The best part was when he was about 20 ft away snorting and bellowing, I had to walk out and pick up some gear lying on the ground. Everybody else was in the Jeep. That was one belligerent bull. Even firing our rifles to the right and left of him didn't slow him. The funny thing was that while the Marine and I were timing our need to get things (us) out of harms way, and firing at the bull to turn him, our other buddy was still calmly blowing prairiedogs out of their holes with his 20 Practical! Calm as calm can be.

As to She Who Must Be Obeyed.... You tell her that. I'm not going to risk getting a round house kick to the head.~Muir

Interesting to say the least, you and the Marine know better as for R I doubt he comes into contact with many cattle in the fields round his way :D.

I'll give herself a call over the weekend she must be due an insult or two by now.

John

BRACES of Bristol - Mauser M12 with Schmidt & Bender 2.5-10x56 Illuminated Scope