Pressure washer recommendations

deerstalker.308

I need a new pressure washer, had a couple of kärcher ones over the years but they’ve always failed at some point. Can anyone recommend a decent option? Not averse to a petrol one and in many ways it would be more handy, so have definitely been looking at these, Honda would be a natural choice but the entry level one is £500 which is a little punchy but may be what I need.

Monty1840

I need a new pressure washer, had a couple of kärcher ones over the years but they’ve always failed at some point. Can anyone recommend a decent option? Not averse to a petrol one and in many ways it would be more handy, so have definitely been looking at these, Honda would be a natural choice but the entry level one is £500 which is a little punchy but may be what I need.
I just bought a kranzle , it's the dogs bo....locks yes a lot of money head and shoulders above the Karcher diy crap

I had an old Karcher one - must have been 10+ years old and lasted well but eventually the plastic internals cracked and it was irreparable. I think the newer ones are less robust. I've now got a Nilfisk one - it's ok, much lighter than the Karcher (probably not a good thing!) and feels more plasticy all round. It's also not as powerful despite being same rating in bar. However, they were rated on car detailing forums by folk who use them a lot and it was half price on amazon!

Gut feeling is that it'll only last a few years which is fine for the amount I use it and the price, but I'm uncomfortable from an environmental perspective with chucking a big lump of plastic in a landfill every couple of years! If buying again I'd be looking for something more robust...

Alantoo

Can't help with current offerings but if you go for second hand...in the 90s I had an irritating KEW Hobby, which however you drained it, required stripping apart to un-sieze before next use. Avoid!

Replaced the annoying KEW with a Kärcher HD 650 SX in 2001. 3.1kW so needs a 16amp supply, but that has been an excellent tool and is still going strong...it is on its second pressure hose bought a couple of years ago. The equivalent is probably around the £1000 now though.

Alan

Last edited:

Hornet 6

I had a Honda GX120 so just bought a lance, hose and pump, they came to about £150, add an engine if you don't have one.
Works from a hose or happily sucks from a water butt.
I actually found myself to using it much less than I thought, and so used the engine in a compressor build, but by simply removing the engine pulley the
washer pump can be installed in less than 10 minutes.

Neil.

Red Dragon 2

What ever you decide on just make sure it is never frozen, lost a nilfisk and a karcher due to heavy frost even though stored in the barn, forget trying to get spares for either as even the same model numbers have different internals built down to a price.

Tim.243

Been pointed towards stihl RE130 plus..... any experiences by the wider community?
Just seen their vid....cant see you power washing the wicker chairs some how Andy... :tiphat:

Running them from a header tank is better than a hose....low water on a long hose etc

Tim

Mossypaw

Been pointed towards stihl RE130 plus..... any experiences by the wider community?
Used a Stihl re108 for over 3 hours this morning, cleaning paving slabs. Brother in law used it for 6 hours yesterday, same job.
Does the job and feels better built than some in the same price range (£120-150)
Had it for about 4 years now.

ejg

In my previous job we made several bits for Kaercher and other power washer companies. Kaercher Hobby range was designed to break at 30hrs work life. Professional machines ran over 700 hrs. We had made rotary nozzles that lasted up to 1200 working hrs.
I would steer well clear of Kaercher hobby range. Recon you could be better off with a lidl machine. Kraenzle used to be very good, I don't know what they are like now.
edi

Outback

Have a look at Machinemart they have a good selection , I bought a petrol one for pressure washing paving etc and have good use out of it 6.5 hp .