PRICE OF WHEAT

countrryboy

I doubt very much that the bushel weight of wheat makes a difference. The weight of the grain doesn’t mean it is better quality. For example, feed wheat may weigh 85 bushel weight and milling wheat 75. Milling wheat is more valuable, approx £20-£30 per ton.
Barley is normally around 60-65 bushel

Mibbee it was protein %?
Was years ago and can just mind him going on about this fancy 'imported' wheat and spouting bushel weights and %s making his birds fly better.
Like I said not entirely sure it worked but can see the logic.
I can mind it was a bad year for wheat locally and it did look better quality bigger stuff.

I mind my 1st head keeper always said which has always stuck with me was never scrimp on the quality of food, if u have neighbours feeding better quality ur birds might not come back.
But I do know off shoots with no neighbours who do well feeding only barely

badbob

Of course depends on if you are buying bulk ex farm. If you want it clean and shiny bagged up in 25Kg bags then you will pay a premium rate for the convenience.

BigPat

I pay £4.50 per 25kg sack so £180 per ton. Price hasn’t changed this year and I regularly check the weight of the sacks, they are normally between 25.5kg and 26kg so happy with the price I’m paying.👍

cookingfat

£180 a ton here, milling wheat £200
We where very fortunate at the end of last season we had a lorry come off the road and turn over spilling out its content "Wheat" got the whole load for the price of clearing it up.
still got 20 ton left, the driver was not hurt,
happy days

£180 a ton here, milling wheat £200
We where very fortunate at the end of last season we had a lorry come off the road and turn over spilling out its content "Wheat" got the whole load for the price of clearing it up.
still got 20 ton left, the driver was not hurt,
happy days
Gives new meaning to the idea of things that "fell off the back of a lorry"