Primers

swarovski

I've just pulled 50 odd 25-06 cases ready to resize them into 6.5 06 cases,can I reuse the primers or not,atb swaro

I think in view of your post count maybe you already know the answer.

After 'pulling' .25-06 rounds you're thinking of reusing & necking up the primed cases, rather than 're-using primers' .... as we understand the term. Right?

That step is probably not needed (as this is just seating a .264" diameter bullet into a 'pulled' .257" neck), but slightly flaring the mouth of the case might make things easier.

It was a primer question,was unsure if i could reuse them,25-06 cases have been neck sized only and need full length sizing in 6.5-06 before loading,please read the questions before replying,atb Swarovski

I have just pulled some 264 Win Mag ammo to get the cases to neck up to 7mm Rem Mag - I remove the decapping pin when I resize the cases so the problem doesn't arise.
I now have 100 Winchester 6,5mm 140gr bullets I don't want! - Swap for some 7mm 120 gr bullets anyone?

It was a primer question,was unsure if i could reuse them,25-06 cases have been neck sized only and need full length sizing in 6.5-06 before loading,please read the questions before replying,atb Swarovski

Your question wasn't clear .... you said the rounds had been pulled .... not decapped?. Your reply doesn't clarify things much further.

If the cases have been necksized for .25-06 it would have been possible to re-neck them for 6.5 or full length resize them without actually decapping them ... depending on what kit you've got. Please read the answer before snottily rejecting advice based on your original query.;)

Q[ - I remove the decapping pin when I resize the cases so the problem doesn't arise.]

that was the way to do it ,
re-use'g your knocked out primers ! feller you can as long as you have not damaged the primer, but i would not as i still have thou's of em and thay were cheap at £32 a tho .
atb
paul

I don't take my dies apart as is more work putting back together,felt like making someone bite and I had a run,one toner :D

I don't take my dies apart as is more work putting back together,felt like making someone bite and I had a run,one toner :D
It's a quick and easy job unless they are Lee dies when you just have to back off the decpper/neck expander stem so the primers aren't touched by the pin.
Simple job really and not time consuming compared to de-capping and re-priming the cases.
Anyway, each to his own. I know what works for me.

Swarovski and Paul o having met you both I'm deciding if your a pair of wind up merchants :D

or just full of ***** :cuckoo:

I think I'm gonna settle that your both. :rofl:

​Regards pete

hi ho trophy boy hope that its still got a hi gloss ;) hopefuly you can come to bisley if the h4h is put on there :thumb:
some one said you needed a new barrel ! blown if i know why :rofl:
hope all's well your end see you some time well done:tiphat:

hi ho trophy boy hope that its still got a hi gloss ;) hopefuly you can come to bisley if the h4h is put on there :thumb:
some one said you needed a new barrel ! blown if i know why :rofl:
hope all's well your end see you some time well done:tiphat:

im still waiting for my new rifle to be finished Paul I was hopeing to take it to h4h but it did not happen
still as you say looks like it will be a new barrel on the 222 now :lol:
good to meet you on the day
​regards pete

Back