Prize Draw in aid of H4H at the 2017 Running Deer Shoot.

8x57

Distinguished Member
Those that have attended and/or supported the various sporting rifle shoots that have been held at Monmouth and the BSRC in aid of the Help for Heroes charity will be very aware of the outstanding generosity and support that these shoots have received in the way of gifts and donations from the site members and various associated organisations. One of the most generous supporters of these events was Pete Dennett (Roedinator) who on many occasions donated a days roe stalking as a prize and on one occasion in addition to the stalking also a days coaching on the clays (Pete shot for England and was also a qualified shotgun coach). Sadly Pete was taken from us in a road traffic collision last October. He is already greatly missed by all that knew him and were privileged to call him a friend.

Pete made many good friends from this site and in remembrance of Pete .243varmint and Bandit Country have donated a weekend of shooting in Herefordshire as a prize for this year's H4H prize draw which is run in conjunction with the running deer shoot at Bisley on Saturday 24th June. They have both been regular donators and supporters of the event since its inception but this year they wish want to make their much appreciated donation just that little bit more special by making their donation a full weekend of shooting and stalking.

The prize will be;
A day pheasant shooting on a small extremely friendly Herefordshire shoot (20-30 bird day) on a Saturday followed by a day stalking (roe does and fallow) on the Sunday in the same general area.
Accommodation is not included but is available locally at reasonable rates.

Having greatly enjoyed their company and also been their stalking guest previously I can assure you that the winner of this wonderful prize is assured of a most enjoyable weekend's sport. The weekend will be taken on mutually agreed dates sometime between November and the end of the pheasant season at the start of February. I am advised that earlier in the season will likely to be the most productive.

Tickets for this prize draw will be on sale at the H4H shoot in June but we will also make arrangements for other site members who are unable to attend to take part, details of which will be made known in a few weeks time.

Last edited:
What a fantastic prize, I'm sure Pete would approve. Very generous of those members to organise and donate. I can't make it to the H4H shoot, but I'd definitely like to take part in the draw for a worthy cause.

Guys.
The least we can do.

I have had the pleasure of shooting against Pete at clays many moons ago. I've shot pheasants with him and the banter at the H4H shoots was always one of the highlights.
Pete was generous with his time whether shotgun shooting,stalking or game shooting.
So a small weekend like this felt the right thing to do.

So please be generous when buying tickets as it goes to a very good cause.

Look foward to hosting the winner.

Cheers.
Jon

Last edited:
We have already received two further extremely generous donations in the way of stalking days that will be added to this year's prize draw list these are;

1. A day roe stalking in the Scottish borders (very productive ground) details still to be finalised.
2. A day muntjac stalking with Wayne Davies between February and April. (Donated in memory of Pete.)

I will update details around the start of May which is in a couple of weeks time and will post details then of how you can purchase tickets online for this opportunity to win some wonderful shooting in the prize draw.

Last edited:
Just a reminder that the winner of the Herefordshire weekend must be a certificate holder with their own guns and insurance.

Hi there,
Is there any news on entering the prize draw for those unfortunates like me who can't attend?

Simon I was intending to post details this afternoon but I got waylaid with other matters and visitors, also I am awaiting a reply from some feelers that I have put out for additional prizes. Hopefully I shall be posting details tomorrow.

How to buy tickets for the 2017 H4H prize draw if you can't attend the event.

1) Click on to The Stalking Directory H4H Shoot 2017 for Help For Heroes on MyDonate

2) Make a donation (£1 a ticket). Please do not just put Anon as we need to identify who is making the donation, your SD site user name quite acceptable. Tickets will be purchased and held on your behalf. No tickets will be sent out as this would take away from any monies raised for the charity.

3) It would help us greatly if you would send me a pm saying that you have donated, the amount given and contact details just in case you win.

Note.
At the time of writing three magnificent main prizes have been generously donated but other smaller prizes may be added to the list at a later date. If additional prizes are added to the list smaller items must be collected in person or transported by friends attending the shoot, any significant prizes will be transported to you one way or another. The intention is not to incur any postage costs or transportation costs if at all possible. The point being that all monies raised will go directly to H4H.

I had quite a few chats with Pete over the years and he always had time for you whether it was face to face or by pm.
It will be a pleasure to purchase some tickets in Pete`s memory but as I no longer shoot would I be able to donate the prize .. should I win one to a young gun on the SD provided they meet the criteria needed?

That would be a very nice thing to do Basil and totally in keeping with the way that Pete operated. He helped to introduce many new shooters to the sport. :tiphat: I doff my cap to you.

I've just received a fantastic parcel this morning from those wonderful people at Blaser-sporting who have donated some superb prizes this year with the offer of further assistance next year. The prizes that they have donated are six Blaser knives and I am absolutely blown away with the quality of them. There again a company that produces rifles renowned for precision engineering and quality aren't going to be marketing anything cheap and nasty are they. It's my current intention that three of the knives will be used as shoot prizes and three will be included in the prize draw list. I shall definitely be buying a few extra draw tickets this year and also will try to make a special effort with my shooting because I want to own one of these knives.

Also don't forget the excellent stalking and shooting prizes that have also been generously donated by site members for this draw and that were detailed earlier in the thread.

DSCN3638.jpg

How to buy tickets for the 2017 H4H prize draw if you can't attend the event.

1) Click on to The Stalking Directory H4H Shoot 2017 for Help For Heroes on MyDonate

2) Make a donation (£1 a ticket). Please do not just put Anon as we need to identify who is making the donation, your SD site user name quite acceptable. Tickets will be purchased and held on your behalf. No tickets will be sent out as this would take away from any monies raised for the charity.

3) It would help us greatly if you would send me a pm saying that you have donated, the amount given and contact details just in case you win.

Last edited:
Back