Proper copper

Just got back from load testing yew tree copper bullets in .243. Properly impressed with them seeing as I wasted time and money trying big name brands. Definitely worth trying these first if you're after changing to copper. The pictures are the first and second loads I tried following Richards advise.

Attachments

• IMG_20210528_124734_256.jpg
    IMG_20210528_124734_256.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20210528_124734_267.jpg
    IMG_20210528_124734_267.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 125

White Hart

Looking good and proudly made in Wiltshire... I've got some to load up and test in 6.5 Creedmoor looking forward to what they can do!

I was told they perform well with 42.5grs of n160 set .050 from the lans. Made that my starting load then worked up in .5 increments. They all performed well but the starting load was the best. At 44grs started to get primer flattening and the bolt started to stick so left it there.

Can I just take a moment here to remark that I am seriously pleased to see such a development come from home? One may or may not *need* to be going lead free, but I were back home I would buy and try some simply to be supporting a British based shooting enterprise. Also nice posted groups @Sasquatchash
In all honesty I was sold on the fact it's British and now properly happy it works a hundred times better than the foreign stuff I've tried. As a side note, Richard who developed them is a really nice guy to deal with and more than happy to help you until the eth degree.

LeftHandGuy

In all honesty I was sold on the fact it's British and now properly happy it works a hundred times better than the foreign stuff I've tried. As a side note, Richard who developed them is a really nice guy to deal with and more than happy to help you until the eth degree.
Maybe next time I am in the UK I will see if I can take some home with me.

Is there anywhere other than Facebook with info on his products, I would like to know his range of bullet sizes, weights, and shapes?

Stalker1962

I was told they perform well with 42.5grs of n160 set .050 from the lans. Made that my starting load then worked up in .5 increments. They all performed well but the starting load was the best. At 44grs started to get primer flattening and the bolt started to stick so left it there.
I am on the same journey (see my thread).

What did you settle on as your final load?

My .243 started to get sticky at 45g but at 46g was on point with regards to accuracy.

tusker

I spoke with Richard the other day and he expects to be selling 30 cal. 145 grain in the next 2 weeks. I will be giving them a go in my 30-06, my sson has been trailing them in 308 and is very happy.
Tusker

Coddy

Would be good business if he was to move on from just advertising on Faceplook.
Some folk have a life and don't use it.

Would also be interested in giving them a go. As posted before if they work, and they are UK Manufactured, all the better.

Would also be interested in giving them a go. As posted before if they work, and they are UK Manufactured, all the better.
He's only on Facebook as it's free which meant it allowed more money for development from what I understand.

andychas

As a startup it probably makes sense to keep costs down where possible, advertising and marketing being fairly hefty. Given that shooting is pretty niche, and shooting lead free bullets even more so! Low key and word of mouth feels like a sensible path to follow initially Imo.

they are now available here btw