Protesters Blocking M25

Given the restrictions the police have to work under today as a whole we should be thankful for there service as am sure all sad members are.👍🏿

I'd like to think so. But...

The British have been demonstrating (and very occasionally rioting) at least since the Romans were here. The Duke of Wellington was called The Iron Duke. Many think it's because of his campaigns in The Peninsular War or at Waterloo. Oh no. He had the windows on his London residence (Apsley House, now a museum dedicated to him) covered with iron shutters to stop demonstrators breaking his windows. Hence his nickname.

However, in that whole chunk of historical history, I'm not sure that any demonstration did anything other than annoy everyone not demonstrating. Any causes that eventually might have succeeded did so in spite of demonstrations.

By the way, if anyone is interested, my avatar is a daguerreotype of The Duke of Wellington in old age (a daguerreotype being an early type of photograph). Any more useless information required, just ask.
I lived next door to Wellington House in Mill Road in Deal for seven years.

2 cops under each arm and drag backwards to awaiting transport.
Well that's four cops in any event.

Joshing aside.

Arresting an individual can be as easy as "inviting' them to the station at their 'earliest convenience". Always my preferred way of conducting business - right up to a needing teams of armed officers, with dogs, guns, helicopters, road blocks, a 3 am start, and all the associated drama. It all depends on the circumstances.

Let's not forget. Inconvenient as it may be. Folk have a right to protest. If it comes to pass that they decline to "come quietly", then they have to be removed by force. This seldom looks pretty. To beat someone into submission is easy - a practice often witnessed in other countries.

To restrain someone, (whilst of course, all the while being filmed) without hurting them or your colleagues is man(woman)power intensive.

If you have not experienced it (from either side) them you are to be forgiven for not perhaps, fully appreciating the nuances of British policing.

Difficult to define Policing by consent (the backbone of British Policing) when held against those who do not consent to be Policed.

Well that's four cops in any event.

Joshing aside.

Arresting an individual can be as easy as "inviting' them to the station at their 'earliest convenience". Always my preferred way of conducting business - right up to a needing teams of armed officers, with dogs, guns, helicopters, road blocks, a 3 am start, and all the associated drama. It all depends on the circumstances.

Let's not forget. Inconvenient as it may be. Folk have a right to protest. If it comes to pass that they decline to "come quietly", then they have to be removed by force. This seldom looks pretty. To beat someone into submission is easy - a practice often witnessed in other countries.

To restrain someone, (whilst of course, all the while being filmed) without hurting them or your colleagues is man(woman)power intensive.

If you have not experienced it (from either side) them you are to be forgiven for not perhaps, fully appreciating the nuances of British policing.

Difficult to define Policing by consent (the backbone of British Policing) when held against those who do not consent to be Policed.
You know who you are dealing with in this instance so a bit less of the flannel please.

Pedro, I have learnt much thank you. Well guess am guilty as marched in London against hunting ban but so what I hear you say, and you would be right. Ha

Frank homes sir, once had the pleasure of seeing on a grouse moor a protester both spit on a dog handler and assault a police horse i suspect he wished he had not done so. Ah those were the days.

Their grouse if you can believe it, is that they want every home to have "Loft Insulation", so they came up with the idea of blocking the M25, I doubt whether you could find many homes in the UK without some form of loft insulation, the people to blame for this , are the idiots who sat on the Jury when they were in court for smashing up the Bank building, the ones who found them not-guilty even after they had pleaded guilty. They now obviously think they can get away with anything they do.
It would be nice to think that some of the people who were stuck on the motorway and associated roads, were members of that Jury, and maybe a Judge or two.
It is a pity a rumour had not been spread that these people were coal miners, because that would have had the Police out, armed with batons and I am sure they would have been moved rather quickly, these people are a menace to society, and should be dealt with in relation to their crime, we see on the TV many people arrested for being drunk, doing no more harm than shouting, manhandled into vans and off to the station with them, yet these louts are allowed to do what they want.
I hope people are aware of the Law of Tort, and take action against these people to recover the loss they may have suffered, they should be made to pay for their crimes, maybe an understanding Judge will give them at least a community sentence, were they could go round installing loft insulation for the poor who are living in uninsulated houses, a couple of hundred hours should teach them the ins and out of insulation, which i am sure they would appreciate.

Unsurprisingly this post has brought out the usual police-haters.
There is a reason why the police don’t arrest them straight away. If you actually want to know why please read on:

A recent Supreme Court ruling stated, ‘There should be a certain degree of tolerance to disruption to ordinary life, including disruption of traffic, caused by the exercise of the right to freedom of expression or freedom of peaceful assembly’.
Because this was an appeal against conviction, heard at the Supreme Court, the ruling becomes ‘a stated case’ or ‘case law’. Effectively it becomes law. So the police have to allow the protest for a time before they can start to make arrests. The protesters are non-compliant, so have to be carried. As the police have a ‘duty of care’ not to hurt the protesters it requires at least three to four officers to carry one protester.

It doesn’t look good when the police stand around doing nothing while these buffoons block the M25, but they have no choice. It’s the law. If you don’t like it can I suggest that your talk to your MP? They make the law, not the police.

Hate is a particularly strong word. Infact these days you could call it a hate crime.

Unsurprisingly this post has brought out all current and ex policeman who feel any criticism of workings of the police is a sleight on them, rather than a moment for self reflection.

Anyway, back to mooching.

How?

Tell me and the rest of the world how it is you "know" who you are dealing with?

Still adjusting to civvy life?

In corporate terms, when I see board members moved on and put into retirement they start to reflect on their life and call it relevance deprivation syndrome. Once they recognize they have it, they can then deal with it.

Hate is a particularly strong word. Infact these days you could call it a hate crime.

Unsurprisingly this post has brought out all current and ex policeman who feel any criticism of workings of the police is a sleight on them, rather than a moment for self reflection.

Anyway, back to mooching.
Thank you for proving my point.

2 at the most.
You've never tried to move someone who not only doesn't want to be moved, but who's position will be improved by the appearance of rough handling, have you?

If someone wants to kick off, two people aren't enough to shift him (yes, assuming gender) without someone or, possibly everyone getting hurt.

Go wrestle with one of these clowns and let us know how you get on.

he
You've never tried to move someone who not only doesn't want to be moved, but who's position will be improved by the appearance of rough handling, have you?

If someone wants to kick off, two people aren't enough to shift him (yes, assuming gender) without someone or, possibly everyone getting hurt.

Go wrestle with one of these clowns and let us know how you get on.
didnt mention the extra copper in the van they are waiting for or the custody sargent with cells just waiting to be filled.
still im sure hes correct

Back