pulsar f155

sir-lamp-alot

Just wondering if anyone knows if the f155 can be used on scopes without paralax adjustment and the general consensus on this unit, at the moment I have a photon but I'm thinking about trying to get back to just one rifle

mealiejimmy

Your scope won't need parallax adjustment to work with the F155 - but frankly, don't bother with it.
Your scope will be looking at the micro display on the F155 and at anything above x 4 or x5, the image will be rubbish because you'll see all the individual display pixels.
You'll need £100 extra for a scope adaptor for each scope you want to use it with and gorilla length arms to reach the controls once it's fitted to the front of the scope.
It's another of those cases when a piece of kit is touted as doing more than one thing (a spotter and an add-on).
Technically that's true, but it does neither job at all well.
The F155 is another example of Pulsar making low magnification kit designed for the European market which is primarily shooting at large targets at short range.
They don't make any NV or thermal kit with high enough optical magnification that really suits the typical UK night shooter which is primarily smaller targets at longer ranges.

Cheers

Bruce

Ratsbadboy

I bought a Pulsar F155 thinking it was going to be the perfect solution for fitting to all my rifles. How wrong I was. As Bruce (mealiejimmy) says, if the scope's mag is greater than aprrox 5x the picture is less than ideal. Also unless the scope has a minimum mag of less than 4x it's not possible to see the information on the status bar at the bottom of the picture. This means you'll have no idea what's switched on and to what levels (IR comes to mind). I had mine for a month and sold it. Very disappointed with it. Mine also suffered with a zero shift which, albeit no massive (approx. 25mm high and 10mm left at 100yds), was annoying. I also got the impression that the F155 was not designed to be fitted to parallax scopes.

Your scope won't need parallax adjustment to work with the F155 - but frankly, don't bother with it.
Your scope will be looking at the micro display on the F155 and at anything above x 4 or x5, the image will be rubbish because you'll see all the individual display pixels.
You'll need £100 extra for a scope adaptor for each scope you want to use it with and gorilla length arms to reach the controls once it's fitted to the front of the scope.
It's another of those cases when a piece of kit is touted as doing more than one thing (a spotter and an add-on).
Technically that's true, but it does neither job at all well.
The F155 is another example of Pulsar making low magnification kit designed for the European market which is primarily shooting at large targets at short range.
They don't make any NV or thermal kit with high enough optical magnification that really suits the typical UK night shooter which is primarily smaller targets at longer ranges.

Cheers

Bruce

Bruce my sentiments exactly...

Problem is people's friends have units and tell there mate's there great, probably because they spent £xxxx and have tried nothing else... facebook is rife with experts who own one piece of kit or who have compared nothing else with what they own... the result is people buy something, sell it, buy something else and eventually land lucky with something worth owning..

Last edited:

Nugs

Just wondering if anyone knows if the f155 can be used on scopes without paralax adjustment and the general consensus on this unit, at the moment I have a photon but I'm thinking about trying to get back to just one rifle

If you're going to one rifle, then its a simple choice....... Delta Titanium (my choice) or Sightron S-Tac and a Ward 800.
Trust me on this one, I've been round the houses and wasted a lot of time and money and this setup just works.

BLUEROLL

If you're going to one rifle, then its a simple choice....... Delta Titanium (my choice) or Sightron S-Tac and a Ward 800.
Trust me on this one, I've been round the houses and wasted a lot of time and money and this setup just works.
Or a Hawke Endurance WA scope to go with a Ward unit.

sir-lamp-alot

thanks for the replys guys looks like I might be giving the f155 a wide birth trouble is I want to go to one rifle dont, fancy roll on roll off mounts but am also a bit of a tackle tart when it comes to glass and like to keep it two the big 3 and to replace my scope with a side paralax adjustable ziess or similar is going to get very pricey very quickly plus ontop of that the general concensous is that high end glass doesnt work well with nv add on's anyone got any suggestions?

TheOldGamey

Pulsar tell me there order books are full, people waiting on the next delivery coming, which they say could be 6 months to a year !!!!!.