Pulsar Helion XQ38 guidance

Tazz

Having now purchased an XQ38 Helion spotter I am wading through various videos to understand how to get the best out of it as the instruction book is somewhat limited. Any simple tips and advice from guys who have one would be gratefully accepted

mealiejimmy

First thing to do is adjust the eyepiece to get a sharp image of the icons on the screen.
Second thing to do is adjust the objective lens to get a sharp image of what it is you're looking at.
After that, brightness and contrast are the only things that you can adjust to change the quality of the image
Just play with them until you get it the way that' suits you best.
Be aware that weather conditions - particularly humidity, can have a significant effect on how good the image is.
You may find yourself adjusting the brightness and contrast to suit the conditions.

Cheers

Bruce

hoodwink

Most of the time have it set to black/white, i dont mess with it unless out playing. I set it on the tree symbol, its where i use it. A few friends have borrowed it and left it in their preferd setting but after a few minutes i tend to change it back.

Markfox

As said just use black hot / white hot and flick between

I vary rarely zoom

just on and spot

Tazz

Guys thanks for the feedback it feels like other Tech I have like cameras they have a thousand settings of which you use about 4.

Thanks Tazz

Mr. Gain

I use minimum brightness and contrast for the conditions. Reducing the contrast often reveals more detail. I just wish it was possible to turn off the information bar under the image.

oowee

Always put the in picture 6x on. Mostly only use white hot although in the day black hot is sometimes useful. Min brightness at night if you can to save night vision.

I use red / black a lot - seems to have less impact on night vision than white/black.

Other than that, make sure it's got the latest software update where you can dim or brighten the icons across the bottom - original software didn't and was too bright.

oowee

Might give that a try next time i am out (Fri).
I use red / black a lot - seems to have less impact on night vision than white/black.

Other than that, make sure it's got the latest software update where you can dim or brighten the icons across the bottom - original software didn't and was too bright.

Tazz

Having been out with the XQ38 Helion a few times now I have used the tips from the guys, I use the picture in picture on 6X and keep the brightness and contrast on low. It is an impressive bit of kit, not cheap but having previously had to wing my rifle around with NV on it a hand held is much better. I have a Night Optics 740 Gen2+ and I have just upgraded the IR to a Tracer 900 it’s given me an improvement of circa 50% on my original IR. Boys and toys !

Taystalker

How do you do that?