Pulsar XQ 30v recording

John Gryphon

Anyone care to advise as to the best [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]external recording equipment available for the unit.
One thing is that I don't have a Pulsar but am endeavouring to find out more to see if it would suit some pursuits in mind.

[/FONT]

engraver99

i have the pulsar xq23v (wider FOV than the 30) but have not hooked up any recording devices to it. good beginner unit!

John Gryphon

Easiest way is to attach a little wireless unit that uses something like wifiavin (a smartphone app) to transmit to your phone/tablet

Eric I don't have a mobile phone,they will not work where I live unless I jump on my bike and head for a particular tree a K from my house,I don't need one really so thats fcked that idea ha ha.

Eric the Red

Eric I don't have a mobile phone,they will not work where I live unless I jump on my bike and head for a particular tree a K from my house,I don't need one really so thats fcked that idea ha ha.
Fair point - and it may be different in Oz, but a cheap tablet costs £50 - so way less than a DVR. The unit I said about creates a wireless signal for the tablet to connect to (no need for phone per se, certainly from signal PoV) and transfers the video wirelessly. So in UK terms - recording for c£80 - or £150+ with a DVR.

Use something like a Newton CVR recorder, as it clamps to the weaver rail and is low profile. .. Avoid wireless options, there laggy and rubbish for recording to be honest, as well as wires and bulk all over.

John Gryphon

Fair point - and it may be different in Oz, but a cheap tablet costs £50 - so way less than a DVR. The unit I said about creates a wireless signal for the tablet to connect to (no need for phone per se, certainly from signal PoV) and transfers the video wirelessly. So in UK terms - recording for c£80 - or £150+ with a DVR.

I will explore that Eric

Use something like a Newton CVR recorder, as it clamps to the weaver rail and is low profile. .. Avoid wireless options, there laggy and rubbish for recording to be honest, as well as wires and bulk all over.

I cannot find an Aussie supplier for the Newton and I would certainly buy one if I get a Pulsar which would be used for video purposes.

Pulsar Video Recorder CVR640 Newton, Optics-World.nl