Pulser Core FXD50

deerwarden

Anyone bought one of these or used one, if so what scope did you put one on please. I have one and need to know if some scopes are more efficient/better to use with the Core. I have MTC 4-14x50, 6-18x56, and a Hawke 4-14x50. T Jacks are saying you need to have a scope of very low mag, around 1-2 mag to get the best out of one. deerwarden

Last edited:

wilddieb

I have a Pulsar Core FXD50 in front of a 1-6,3x24 Leica Magnus, which is perfect up to a magnification of 3. A positive side effect ist the short overall length of the unit.

Reiver Boy

Anyone bought one of these or used one, if so what scope did you put one on please. I have one and need to know if some scopes are more efficient/better to use with the Core. I have MTC 4-14x50, 6-18x56, and a Hawke 4-14x50. T Jacks are saying you need to have a scope of very low mag, around 1-2 mag to get the best out of one. deerwarden

Yes I have used one and can confirm that around 3x mag or less gives you optimum clarity, i used it on 2.5 with an illuminated grat and it was very good. I did not think I would like the green TI but to be honest having used it I think I actually prefer green to black & white.

deerwarden

Problem is most low mag scopes come with straight tubes and no real ocular bell size so as I want to use on more than one scope, its knowing what scope will be good for normal shooting then with the add-on for thermal. The unit in spotter mode is very clear, when added to the scope you then lose lots of pixels and the picture suffers. deerwarden.

wilddieb

Yes I enquired about one and was told 6 mag max. Buying a ward wt1 75/3
Sorry, we are talking about a thermal CLIP ON and the best way to adapt it on a riflescope. Keep in mind that a thermalsight like the above is a prohibited unit in some EU countrys.
A 3x magnification should do the work to shoot a wild boar up to 30-40 meters and that is what I want to do.

Last edited: