Pursuit International

Klenchblaize

Not sure how I've only just become aware of this fine looking journal but better late than never!

What makes this particulary exiting is it comes very close to what I've been suggesting is needed for many years. Namely something for hunters that compares favourably with the Angler's top journal, Waterlog.

Issue 4 has a lot for the deerstalker:

Interested to hear what you think of it and point me in the direction of other SD threads that picked up on this at the journal's birth.

Thanks

K

McKenzie

I'll order a copy & have a look. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of it.

Out of interest, have you had a look at the new-format Fieldsports Journal?

sh1kar

Interesting. Be interested in the feedback - looks like the kind of thing Pine Martin should be writing for..........

S

McKenzie

Thanks for the reminder. If I was to order one to view is there one edition in particular you would recommend?

Still got some copies of Fieldsports you're welcome to.

Klenchblaize

I'll happily admit there's a "leave lying on the coffee table" feel to them but that can't be bad when most hunting/shooting/fishing mags have been relegated to top shelf material. And besides there's nothing wrong with browsing through inspiring imagery as one partakes of a pleasing micro brewery IPA.

K

McKenzie

It is, but being a photographer I value publications that are rich in good imagery & have high production values.

JabaliHunter

Not come across this one.

After years (and years, and years) of uninspiring titles, there seems to be a renaissance of new and interesting publications.

I still maintain that for those that appreciate writing, Gray’s Sporting Journal sits at the top of the pile.

But there are so many now, especially for fishermen - fly culture, flyfish journal, drake, angler’s journal...

For driven shooting, fieldsports obviously stands out.

And for stalkers, Sports Afield is still worthwhile

wildfowler.250

Haven’t read the above but the magazine does look good. Do like the fieldsports journal mag but it’s very hard to sit down and read a magazine over watching myoutdoortv or YouTube. The magazines are good for a holiday though.