Quad bike hard rifle case.

Sylvanius

Has anyone had any experience of these? We are looking to get me one for work for when I'm working in places a long way from normal 4x4 access, but although I see them for sale online, I'm interested to know how well protected the rifle and the sights in particular would be from vibration/bumps. Also some of the ones I've seen look as if all the weight is on one smallish bracket. A lot of stuff that is absolutely fine for recreational shooters or one or two days use a week doesn't stand up to every day use I've found. Has anyone any experience of using one?

mash67

hi
i had one on my quads for years, you will probably get some rub marks, but they do what you expect, keep the rifle protected and dry, wobble about a little bit but i have never had a shift in POA or any problems with any rifles at all. the only thing is with the large rifle and scopes you need to make sure your rifle fits. crack on and dont worry unless you have a safe queen.

antsa

I have one of these on my Quad:

Gun Boot® 6.0 with Impact Case – Gun Storage | Kolpin

It has in inner protection sleeve. Another model they have, the Transport, has a more substantial sleeve. Haven't noticed any issues as yet. I also have the Rhino grips on the front rack. Sometimes I have two rifles or a rifle and a shotty with me, one in the grips up front and the other in the boot. The boot can be locked with a padlock and locked into the mounting bracket, also with a padlock.

Cheers

Sylvanius

Thanks guys, that's useful. As I shoot for a living my guns are out every day with me so very much working tools so the odd scratch doesn't worry me (so all synthetic) but POA does of course. I really like the look of that Kolpin and am going to order one. Thanks for your help.