Quad sticks coming up short!

farrieral

Evening gents,

Looking for recommendations on quad sticks to suit my 6'5" stature. Have used a couple of different ones in my short time stalking, all well and good until deployed, but I am then forced to hunch over into uncomfortable positions! Any other tall stalkers found a set to suit!?

Thanks in advance,

Al

Cawdor118

Evening gents,

Looking for recommendations on quad sticks to suit my 6'5" stature. Have used a couple of different ones in my short time stalking, all well and good until deployed, but I am then forced to hunch over into uncomfortable positions! Any other tall stalkers found a set to suit!?

Thanks in advance,

Al
Viper Flex do a XL range for giants 😂. Apparently they are suitable up to 6ft 9".

Klenchblaize

The Op is located in Wales so should take more advantage of the undulating terrain and make it work for each shot in terms of stick positioning.

As an aside it’s interesting to note that many users of such rifle supports, and who are far from being 6ft tall, still hunch over/lean into their sticks in the belief this aids stability.

K

farrieral

@limulus will make you a set to suit your height.
👍🏼👍🏼
Viper Flex do a XL range for giants 😂. Apparently they are suitable up to 6ft 9".

Will take a look! Diolch
The Op is located in Wales so should take more advantage of the undulating terrain and make it work for each shot in terms of stick positioning.

As an aside it’s interesting to note that many users of such rifle supports, and who are far from being 6ft tall, still hunch over/lean into their sticks in the belief this aids stability.

K
Will of course always use the ground to my advantage when shooting where possible, sadly we don't have many deer in Wales. And have been stalking in much flatter areas and woodland. Where I think a good set of sticks come into their own. The whole crouching over the sticks just becomes unnatural and quickly becomes unstable for me!

Tim.243

Evening gents,

Thanks in advance,

Al

Make them from this vid, with one change use 5mm bolts so when they wear the hole will take a 6mm USE a 6mm bolt the next metric size is 8mm

Craigsaun

You could make a set for about £20 quite easily. I have made a few over the years for a few lads I have been stalking with , it’s not rocket science 👍🏻

StephenToast

Make them from this vid, with one change use 5mm bolts so when they wear the hole will take a 6mm USE a 6mm bolt the next metric size is 8mm

You could make a set for about £20 quite easily. I have made a few over the years for a few lads I have been stalking with , it’s not rocket science 👍🏻

I'm 6'4" and the homemade garden canes work for me.

If the 16mm diameter canes are too short you can get 20mm canes that are too long... I cut them down and bung the cut end with a dowel. That way you can have them as tall as you like.

Andy seatrout

Evening gents,

Thanks in advance,

Al
I have a set of Viperflex elite…. They go up to 6’9’’ tall, which is a good job because that’s what I am…..

Attachments

• E15C9907-A4DD-4058-A77E-0DF6B1DCF26D.jpeg
    E15C9907-A4DD-4058-A77E-0DF6B1DCF26D.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 29

Foxyboy43

B&Q plastic coated metal sticks and some bungee cord - cut to required length - voila!
You are welcome.
🦊🦊

Last edited:

Foxyboy43

Quite interesting observation on this thread about how many really tall deerstalkers we have and their reported difficulties with too-short quad sticks. Presumably this little inconvenience is offset by the much reduced requirement for a high seat?
In this be-knighted time of equality in all things it would be interesting to know how many of the SD masses like me my friend suffer are affected by their little bottoms, being a short-arse a disproportionately low centre of gravity?
Do they for example, as an indispensable part of their kit, also carry a little step, onion box or wotever? Is this really an advantage in shorter cover? Are suspended grallochs out of reach the question? Is shooting whilst carefully seated on average length sticks your equally under-tall pal’s shoulders really that much of a problem? Can they really not just use 9” bipods as sticks? There will be other possible disadvantages of course but I am just jealous curious, obviously in a caring way…..
Class discuss.
🦊🦊

Heym SR20

Find a hazel coppice, and take out you knife. Cut two, three or four long sticks and tie them together.

Or shoot from a kneeling or sitting position.

Tim.243

Quite interesting observation on this thread about how many really tall deerstalkers we have and their reported difficulties with too-short quad sticks. Presumably this little inconvenience is offset by the much reduced requirement for a high seat?
In this be-knighted time of equality in all things it would be interesting to know how many of the SD masses like me my friend suffer are affected by their little bottoms, being a short-arse a disproportionately low centre of gravity?
Do they for example, as an indispensable part of their kit, also carry a little step, onion box or wotever? Is this really an advantage in shorter cover? Are suspended grallochs out of reach the question? Is shooting whilst carefully seated on average length sticks your equally under-tall pal’s shoulders really that much of a problem? Can they really not just use 9” bipods as sticks? There will be other possible disadvantages of course but I am just jealous curious, obviously in a caring way…..
Class discuss.
🦊🦊
Is there something wrong with your device as the post looks as if it needs a re-boot/de-bug ?
Or is it your alter ego typing ###p ? :rofl:

tozzybum

Class discuss.
🦊🦊
My wife is 4ft10" and poundland do the ideal " support" for her .
A bright orange plastic step to raise her another 10" .
It was a pound but I paid in " cold shoulder and spicy tounge" 🤣🤣🤣

Cottis

Mjolner Fenris II's come with extensions that increase the height (from memory by between 6 and 10 inches). Unlike Viperflex, the way they open also means you can adjust them in the field to suit the terrain, your height, and how far open you want them. All these things impact on the height in a way that suits you.

I am 5'10" and use the Fenris II's without the extensions and I could definitely have them open in such a way that they would be too tall for me. opening the legs further gives perfect suitability. Hard to explain without actually showing it but they are properly good sticks.