Quad sticks, Thermal spotter & a bit of walking...

Not having any leases or buying stalking what I have found over time is leg work with some investment in kit opens the
" yes you can go stalking doors"
Where I went this evening the barley is off but the wheat by his main woods with a number of pens tucked away had a large investment of poults arrive 2 weeks ago.

I shot 2 cubs the first night they cut the barley but with the weather has slowed the process up, the weather lady said rain but my friend to the west said it had passed him and was drying up...

Cubs are not as sharp as adults but quite small and still have that instinct in them, the rain soaked stubble was not the usual snap crackle and pop under foot...all around the 150 mark with one a bit low in the brisket running 40 yards... :rolleyes:
5 in 2 hrs and not getting soaked was fine by me.

Tim.243

20210805_214327[1].jpg20210805_222555[1].jpg20210805_224150[1].jpg20210805_232619[1].jpg20210805_224704[1].jpg

Well done @Tim.243. Looks like a busy night out and you’ve definitely saved a few poults this year. I’ve never used a thermal however looks like a great investment with that return. Always a pleasure when you miss the rain also. 👍

Well done @Tim.243. Looks like a busy night out and you’ve definitely saved a few poults this year. I’ve never used a thermal however looks like a great investment with that return. Always a pleasure when you miss the rain also. 👍
The thermal spotter is a useful tool, having shot 100's with a lamp this is far less complicated also only times x1 foot noise, however you still have to work the wind, be safe and shoot...!!!

That's my favorite way of shooting day or night. As you say less noise. I used a thermal scope for a couple of years but it developed a fault and I'm having trouble getting the guy to fix it so I've recently bought a Pard 008 from an SD member. Now the corn is starting to come off I'll soon be giving it a try.

Back