Quickload 6.5x47 120 TTSX & .30-06 130 TTSX

2428 miles

Would anyone with access to Quickload mind doing me a huge favour and be kind enough to provide me with some stats for:

6.5x47 Lapua - 120 grain Barnes TTSX

.30-06 - 130 grain Barnes TTSX

Powders I already have good stocks of RS60, RL15 and Vhit N150 so would be ideal to use one of those.

I suspect the RS60 will produce highest velocities.... I might be wrong. Any help/advice welcome. If its easier to email me a screenshot, I can PM you my email address.

I really appreciate it, thank you so much in advance.
Miles

borbal

You can do yourself a huge favour and use the FREE online internal ballistics simulator at P-Max and explore all these possibilities yourself. :)

You will need the powder space for these cartridges. It will be best if you measure it yourself, but to give you a quick idea to get you started there is a list of approximate powder spaces. For the 6.5 x 47 it is about 43.5 grains of water, and for the 30-06 it is about 62.4 grains of water.

Remember to use the 'solids' option for the bullet type.

srvet

I will have a look at this later when I get home.
I have used the 6.5x47 a fair bit but feel that the 100g TTSX bullet is a better fit due to bullet length and case capacity but I’m sure the 120g will work fine too

243varmint

I've done some initial tests with 130gr TTSX and N150.
They all grouped well apart from 53 grs which opened up a bit.
All seated to Barnes OAL.
IMG_20210604_155549.jpg

20-250

Not exactly what you asked, but 36.1 grains of N140 gave me a chronograph confirmed 2800 fps from my 6.5x47 with the 120 grain Barnes TTSX.

2428 miles

Brilliant! Thanks all very much for your help, much appreciated!
I had no idea about P-Max That's a very handy bit of kit.

Interestingly the 120 grain 6.5 TTSX is not far off the same length as the 143 grain ELD-X I have been using... to great effect! Hoping my barrel will like the 120's.

Thanks again,
Miles

croslanda

I've developed a load with 130 gr TTSX in my 30.06 using RS 52. It is the powder that quickload said would develop the quickest velocities and it does, and is one of the most accurate loads I've ever had in it. My 30.06 has a 24.5" barrel and 69.7 grain case vol and with 59.0 gr powder does 3300 psi (chronographed) @ 55k psi.

Just sorted haven't seen the effect on deer yet but confident I won't have any problems.

Hope this helps

jimsim

Just finished doing my development with the 130grain ttsx in 30-06 I used swiss rs 60 all groups apart from one shot under 1/2 Inch moa 3100fps 👍

Attachments

• Snapchat-1150006512.jpg
    Snapchat-1150006512.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 7

2428 miles

Just finished doing my development with the 130grain ttsx in 30-06 I used swiss rs 60 all groups apart from one shot under 1/2 Inch moa 3100fps 👍
Hi Jim,

Nice group and great speed, just what I aspire to achieve!

Obviously I will start lower and work up the load safely specifically for my rifle (Tikka T3) but I just wondered how many grains of RS60 you used for your final load you settled on there? and what rifle?

Thanks so much,
Miles

jimsim

Hi Jim,

Nice group and great speed, just what I aspire to achieve!

Obviously I will start lower and work up the load safely specifically for my rifle (Tikka T3) but I just wondered how many grains of RS60 you used for your final load you settled on there? and what rifle?

Thanks so much,
Miles

Hi Miles

I shall pm you later when I get home with the data I got , 👍 That's a blaser R8 23 inch barrel.

Regards Jim