Quotes that resonate for you...

Spoken by a blind Mexican war veteran in Cormac McCarthy's novel The Crossing, I've always liked this. It says in a single sentence what Kafka spent hundreds of thousands or words and a whole shelf of novels trying to explain:

"Some men are in their lives like the carpenter whose work goes so slowly for the dullness of his tools that he has not time to sharpen them".

Alle Kunst ist unsonst, Wenn ein Engel in das Zundlochprunst

Translates as “All skill is for naught when an angel ****es down the barrel of your musket”

Since my first love is waterfowl/wildfowl this seems to pop into my mind on a regular basis

From an old boy I used to work with “ I know you can’t make a silk purse from a sow’s ear but you needn’t make a pigs arse of it “

"Laugh a lot, love a few but always paddle your own canoe"

Always smiled at a George Best quote that was something along the lines of.

"I've spent all my money on booze, fast cars and women, the rest of it, I wasted"

"You have the right of freedom of speech ......and I fought for the right to punch you in the face if I disagree"

Your fault my mistake, from a great sergeant in the royal artillery game cock barracks 1992 never forget them words thankyou sergeant ford

Nothing can be cut so thin that it only has one side.

A Bengal Tiger born in a zoo is still a Bengal Tiger.

Never a moment is wasted where a record is kept.

Back