Raggy Hall Game Fair

paul o'

Anyone know of any Deals on thermal hand held or other Game Fair deals to be had at the show ??
And any reloading stalls ?? or have they been priced out as Norm 😥

paul o'

Lots of white trousers and leather hats and boots I'd also expect !! snorting like truffle hunters while dragging the latest handbag Diamonds encrusted mutt around saying 'O LOOK' Toby darling we must have a new hand made Bedouin birthing Rug for the garden as ones feet get cold when sitting nr the Lake ??? while the dog is crapping in front of the stall and walking away ??
Yeh they will be there in spades !!!!

Tim.243

Lots of white trousers and leather hats and boots I'd also expect !! snorting like truffle hunters while dragging the latest handbag Diamonds encrusted mutt around saying 'O LOOK' Toby darling we must have a new hand made Bedouin birthing Rug for the garden as ones feet get cold when sitting nr the Lake ??? while the dog is crapping in front of the stall and walking away ??
Yeh they will be there in spades !!!!
Also people with para cord whipping's on highly finished single sticks..... :rofl:

nic531

The internet was the death of really good deals at Game Fairs. Now people expect the best deal all of the time. It used to be the Midland was the opportunity for firms to clear out stock before the game season starts.
Now the best thing about the fairs is the opportunity to look at stuff from loads of different manufacturers and actually feel and handle it, possibly (pre covid) try it on and get it.
Local shops cannot afford to stock too much, especially with the people who then try it on and go and buy from the net, before moaning that their local shop is closing down.

Lateral

You're less likely to get a better deal at a game fair, than you would speaking to dealers, and asking what they can do for you.

It costs the shops a lot of money to do the fairs, thousands, and they need to cover that with sales. Thermals are already discounted so much, they really have very little to play with.

TomT3

Used to love the weekend away at the Midland every year, was a sad day when we finally decided to stop going because the show had turned into a shadow of its former self. Looking forward to ‘The Game Fair’ though.

bluesako

The internet was the death of really good deals at Game Fairs. Now people expect the best deal all of the time. It used to be the Midland was the opportunity for firms to clear out stock before the game season starts.
Now the best thing about the fairs is the opportunity to look at stuff from loads of different manufacturers and actually feel and handle it, possibly (pre covid) try it on and get it.
Local shops cannot afford to stock too much, especially with the people who then try it on and go and buy from the net, before moaning that their local shop is closing down.
i dont pay £50 for petrol, and £40 to get in my local gunshop, and then walk around for 4 hours dodging pikey,s, and treading in dog ****, and paying £10 for a shite sandwich, game fairs used to be brilliant tons of gear for shooters, nope my game fair days are over, they are run by money grabbing gits they dont cater for the shooters any more bs.

User00025

It would be quite awful to go and see a large gamefair at Ragley, there used to be a small one back in the 90's. To remember it as it was when I stalked it 35 to 40 years ago and now see a fair with all the noise etc is not really my cup of tea. I'll pass and live on memories.

Bavarianbrit

When it opens up again go to the German Dortmund show, fly to easy/air to Dusseldorf and use public transport to Dortmund and only a 12-15 euro entrance fee with 7-8 halls full of good stuff. Game/Midland were great back in the late 80s.

TonyC

When it opens up again go to the German Dortmund show, fly to easy/air to Dusseldorf and use public transport to Dortmund and only a 12-15 euro entrance fee with 7-8 halls full of good stuff. Game/Midland were great back in the late 80s.
Couldn't agree more, most of the stand holders speak english. Usually on for around 5 days, took the wife and she really enjoyed it, plenty for everyone and and an opportunity to see different kit, some great bars and restaurants in the town which is a very short dedicated metro ride away. Dortmund is worth a visit.

nic531

what time of year is it? I go to that area quite often having friends there and going to a motorbike Treffen near there (1 hours ride) every June.

Bavarianbrit

I used to work for a few years volunteering on the SfA stand as the owner had coached me hard to get through the Jagdschein we are still good mates, what goes around etc.