Range finders

243varmint

Am thinking of buying a monocular type range finder. Have been considering the Hawke but don't know much about them . Anybody got any knowledge of any resonibly priced range finders or have used them.
Got a good pair of zeiss bins already.

Jonathon

ejg

Leica 800, very easy to use.
Just buying one for a friend second hand at 200Euro.
They range out to 800m.

edi

ReneZ

I'm very happy with my Bushnell 1500 ARC. Does a great job and not as expensive as the usual suspects. Have a good thought about how far you'll want to use it for and test a few. Easy to spent lots of money for very little benefit. Good luck with the decission!

Offroad Gary

leica 900 scan.

has LED display, not LCD display therefore you can read it better in low light while lamping.

cjm1066

Nikon Buckmaster, optically its better than the cheaper imports and via ebay matches them on cost.

smullery

I have a pair of 8 x 42 binos and had a look through the Swarovski rangefinder. Same magnification and just as bright a picture. Bought it.

Now only take the rangefinder and leave the binos in the car. Just as good a view in the field as binos. Lighter as well.

Stan

steyr.308

I started off with the LRF1200 scan set to meters, but I lost it out stalking one day. I then bought a new CRF 1200 also set in meters. What a great bit of kit. I do however try to guess the range before putting the CRF onto it just to keep my eye in. Waste of time :oops:

243varmint

Due to budget ( I know you get what you pay for )
went onto cabelas and ordered there bushnell scout 100 ARC and bino set.
Just over £200 for the pair, the range finder over here in sportsman is £189 so went for it.
We will see when it turns up.

Thanks for the replies

Jonathon