Range finding Binoculars

R06.5

Hi all,
I’m in the market for a pair of range finding bins for day to day use to live in the vehicle. I’m looking for something as compact and lightweight as possible with a ballistic calculator built in. And as affordable as possible as I already have a set of Swaro EL Range and a set of CL’s or is there a dedicated laser rangefinder available with a built in ballistic calculator available? Has anyone any recommendations?

Steff

I think it will be hard to find a hunting oriented LRF without a built in ballistic calculator these days.

bowji john

I'm going to try vortex fury HD 5000 AB

They have on-board Applied Ballistics, a suite of environmental gauges, a compass for inputting wind direction relative to DOF into the calcs

Can be used as a stand alone system or piggy back off a Kestral 5700 link which will improve the environmental picture

They even write back to the kestral the Direction of fire (DOF) so that you don't have to manually input that variable into the kestral

Glass apparently is OK - not as good as a set of swaro bins but hopefully good enough for both the shooting range and hunting scenario (on that rare occasion where ballistics are actually needed)

Best price I have found is here - and they offer an instalment plan

Davros

I'm going to try vortex fury HD 5000 AB

They have on-board Applied Ballistics, a suite of environmental gauges, a compass for inputting wind direction relative to DOF into the calcs

Can be used as a stand alone system or piggy back off a Kestral 5700 link which will improve the environmental picture

They even write back to the kestral the Direction of fire (DOF) so that you don't have to manually input that variable into the kestral

Glass apparently is OK - not as good as a set of swaro bins but hopefully good enough for both the shooting range and hunting scenario (on that rare occasion where ballistics are actually needed)

Best price I have found is here - and they offer an instalment plan

How have you found the fury’s you ordered?

Steff

@finnbear270 , the dicontinued Kahles RF are the lightest with 880 grams. The new model is specified with 900g. Leica, Swaro, Zeiss, Vortex and all the others are a tad heavier.

bowji john

I'm going to try vortex fury HD 5000 AB They have on-board Applied Ballistics, a suite of environmental gauges, a compass for inputting wind direction relative to DOF into the calcs Can be used as a stand alone system or piggy back off a Kestral 5700 link which will improve the environmental picture They even write back to the kestral the Direction of fire (DOF) so that you don't have to manually input that variable into the kestral Glass apparently is OK - not as good as a set of swaro bins but hopefully good enough for both the shooting range and hunting scenario (on that rare occasion where ballistics are actually needed) Best price I have found is here - and they offer an instalment plan

Have yet to order them

Danny25790

Is the glass any good?
The glass is very high quality, and the laser is very fast which I quite like and also the ballistic software is really simple to use, it can be linked to my phone/bdx scope/kestrel ballistics weather meter or even Garmin GPS watches, I tend to use both kestrel and garmin 601 and with that set up I can be dialed in just a few seconds. you still get the slight blue tint in the left lense which is the laser but it's not really that noticeable and they are a lil weighty like all other lrf binos. I think they are pretty much perfect for me and definitely beats carrying a separate lrf and binos, they feel pretty robust but I guess I'll see if they stand the test of being "squaddie proof"