Raptors and RsPb

User00025

When oh when are the RSPB going to wake up and look at our diminishing song bird population. All they ever talk about is Raptors apart from telling us to count and feed our garden birds. If only they were so keen on small birds
Well we have been feeding a good many birds but now all we are feeding is a pair of Sparrow hawks (Packham's favourite bird).
We were feeding a dozen Goldfinches,many Blackbirds,Blue,Coal,Great and longtail tits,Siskins,Redpolls,Robins,Dunnocks and Tree Sparrows.
Within the last three weeks we have lost the lot to a pair of hawks,fresh feathers every day except today as there is b....r all left for them to kill.
These little sods kill everything with the Hen taking anything up to Partridge or woodpigeon size and have decimated two covey's of English partridges where I stalk.
It's only a matter of time before everything will disappear,including the hawks.

The obsession with raptor,s to the detriment of song birds will be the downfall of the blinkered cretins.When the small birds are on the edge of extinction they will carry on blaming farming practice instead of admitting they,ve got it WRONG .Too many predators lead to a lack of prey leads to starvation for these raptors.
And by then small song birds will be gone extinct doesnt come back its gone

I see that the Deer Initiative have got someone talking at their Deer Best Practice event tonight,it could be interesting.
When oh when are the RSPB going to wake up and look at our diminishing song bird population. All they ever talk about is Raptors apart from telling us to count and feed our garden birds. If only they were so keen on small birds
Well we have been feeding a good many birds but now all we are feeding is a pair of Sparrow hawks (Packham's favourite bird).
We were feeding a dozen Goldfinches,many Blackbirds,Blue,Coal,Great and longtail tits,Siskins,Redpolls,Robins,Dunnocks and Tree Sparrows.
Within the last three weeks we have lost the lot to a pair of hawks,fresh feathers every day except today as there is b....r all left for them to kill.
These little sods kill everything with the Hen taking anything up to Partridge or woodpigeon size and have decimated two covey's of English partridges where I stalk.
It's only a matter of time before everything will disappear,including the hawks.

Oh we've have loads of drivel in the press lately from the RSPB and the Scottish Raptor Study Group (another bunch of self appointed blow-hards) as we came up to the review of Grouse moors and their "licencing". Usual tosh about cruel gamekeepers laying waste to the raptors within a 100 mile radius of any grouse moor/pheasant shoot/foreshore (delete where applicable!). Of course the press, both written and televisual regurgitate all the carefully provided statistics without any checks..... probably because there are fewer and fewer real reporters left in the sound bite world we inhabit. The best one recently was the accusation that as there were fewer red kites/golden eagles/hen harriers in certain parts of Scotland - they've all been done away with. This is quietly ignoring the fact that if the "feeding stations" were removed, the artificially high numbers of red kites in particular would come back down to a level the environment can cope with. Added to that the RSPB also seem to have glossed over the loss of 20 or so red kites near one of their feeding stations in the Black Isle a few years back..... definitely not contaminated food at all of course.... but we'll deny it anyway and suggest it was the cruel and heartless game interests as usual! Me - I get more and more fed up with the "animal/bird rights" lobby every day.....

Not the poisoned sheep unfit for consumption then fed by RSPB workers and they killing 20 raptor,s blamed a local gamekeeper till autopsy proved otherwise and then got a huge brush and lifted the carpet up and bingo what poison from what sheep??.A very very prime example of two faced lying going wrong with no apology for the killing by them

I agree with this. I use to feed in my garden but got pestered by sparrowhawks and gave up

Back