RCBS charge master lite

Happy stalker

Hi guys
I am thinking on purchasing an RCBS Charge master lite am looking for an honest answer are they worth it? Are they accurate?
I use RCBS 502 scales at the moment

Norfolk Deer Search

Mine were used from a guy on ebay lots of SD guys grabbed a deal a while ago, test with gold scales etc i can not fault mine ,apart from forgetting to close the powder empty gate :doh: 🥴 RS62 all over the table top !! :rofl:
Same as you bud, grabbed the he same deal as you know.
Mines spot on !

Tickerman

Always been a bit dubious about auto throw scales after reading a few reviews on different ones playing up, but decided to take the plunge and bought a nee charge master lite early this year. Previously used beam scales and a set of gempro 250’s.

At first I was using the gempro’s to cross check occasional weights being thrown from the charge master, and I’ve also had it set to throw .2grains above the charge I want, and when it slows down to trickle mode, cancel the charge and just usu my manual trickier to do the rest, but now I don’t bother as the difference is so minimal. The scales are very accurate, just on an odd occasion, it can over throw a charge when too much powder trickles off the spout at last minute, but only my .1grains. I saw a trick where a cut down 6mmBR case was slid over the spout to eliminate this so I might give that a try at some point. The other day I loaded 50 rounds with N555 and it only happened once, so not very often. I’ve put a surge protector on the plug, and don’t use any electrical devices near it when in use. Mine is usually left on, but if I do turn it off, I switch it on half and hour before I want to use it.

If your sat waiting for it to throw a charge, It can take a while, depending on the powder type, but all I do now is seat the bullet on the previously charged case, while I’m waiting on the next charge to be weighed and it saves me so much time overall when you get into the swing of it.

Axxxel

I used the lee perfect powder measure combined with the Lee scales for ten years before deciding to upgrade to the chargemaster lite. I reckon I was at the lower end of powder dispensing equipment before buying it, but it's been a huge leap forwards forbmy reloading.

It's great when making a ladder, because it's easy to change the charge weight. It's also great when you're just pumping out rounds. The powder dispensing process takes just enough time to seat a bullet.

I'd say the powder dispensing process fails roughly 1% of the time. Usually it loads 0.1 gr too much powder. I think it shows some kind of warning message in addition to showing the higher weight.

I trust the built in digital scale to be 0.1 gr accurate.

Ttocs

I use one too. Was a little sceptical at first and crossed checked everu]y load against my accursed beam scale; the Chargemaster is spot on.

I ALWYS:
Make sure it’s level and stable
Leave it to warm up for 1/2 hr before use
Have nothing electronic including my phone anywhere near it
Use incandescent lighting
After it’s thrown a charge, lift off the pan, check the - weight, pop the pan back on and confirm the charge weight
I keep a set of 6 bullets ranging from 20 to 80gr as check weights. 2 are 25gr but one always weighs 25.1gr
I use my check weights (1 or 2 at roughly the charge weight) at the start and end of a session and after every 5 rounds during the session.
Oh, do yourself a favour and keep the drain tap taped shut or suffer the powder over the bench as above - we’ve all done it!

N

paulbshooting

Chargemaster lite is great. Had no issues at all and recommend. I use my old hornady scale to double check every third charge when doing a big batch

Ttocs

I can’t answer for Paulbshooting but I rarely have any inaccuracy issues with mine. Very occasionally, I find it creeps by 0.1gr when checking with one of my ‘test weights’ (a set of bulllets I keep for just that purpose). Usually, the first indication is the pan weight, shown as a negative weight when you remove the pan from the scale, changes by 0.1gr. This happens so rarely, it doesn’t concern me and I simply re-calibrate the scales and check again. I think the longer you leave the scale switched on to warm up before calibrating the better and the less likely there’ll be any creep. 15 Mins. is regarded as a reasonable warm up time but tbh, I’d double that to allow the scale to reach temperature equilibrium with its surroundings.
I should add that I have been using the Chargemaster for a few years now; I can report excellent accuracy and very acceptable ES on my home loads. If that’s evidence of its consistency
N

Attachments

• FE8B7DB5-BD2B-4CB0-9024-0633201F8364.jpeg
    FE8B7DB5-BD2B-4CB0-9024-0633201F8364.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 8
  • E33E2A0E-75F6-436F-A3A2-A863BED77F5E.jpeg
    E33E2A0E-75F6-436F-A3A2-A863BED77F5E.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 11BE3862-C387-43FA-A043-9D1A12F11786.jpeg
    11BE3862-C387-43FA-A043-9D1A12F11786.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 7
  • FBD3F1A0-7942-40CE-91CE-1C685DCC4433.jpeg
    FBD3F1A0-7942-40CE-91CE-1C685DCC4433.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 06719DAC-C3B7-4F74-A6A3-F3A2D06A8235.jpeg
    06719DAC-C3B7-4F74-A6A3-F3A2D06A8235.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 8

samdk

I use one too. Was a little sceptical at first and crossed checked everu]y load against my accursed beam scale; the Chargemaster is spot on.

I ALWYS:
Make sure it’s level and stable
Leave it to warm up for 1/2 hr before use
Have nothing electronic including my phone anywhere near it
Use incandescent lighting
After it’s thrown a charge, lift off the pan, check the - weight, pop the pan back on and confirm the charge weight
I keep a set of 6 bullets ranging from 20 to 80gr as check weights. 2 are 25gr but one always weighs 25.1gr
I use my check weights (1 or 2 at roughly the charge weight) at the start and end of a session and after every 5 rounds during the session.
Oh, do yourself a favour and keep the drain tap taped shut or suffer the powder over the bench as above - we’ve all done it!

N
The check weight is a great tip! I have a couple of bullets I use too, it’s always good to have a known weight to compare to.

Sam

Ttocs

I’d go further and say, the actual weight isn’t that important, what’s important is that you’re check weights are within your weight range and give consistent readings each time you load and during your loading. It’s the old accuracy vs precision argument - precision is the key to consistency.
N

sikadog

I saw that someone on here had a good deal on ebay for a chargemaster lite. and after a bit of research I found out I knew the guy selling them and negotiated a mates rates deal and I cant fault mine its amazing.