rcbs decapper pin

nuttyspaniel

Ive just been trying to set up a RCBS f/l sizer die. Now I wasnt getting the shoulders back far enough on the once fired brass I was given. So I screwed the decapper pin up and carefully and slowly turned the die in little bits at a time to get the result I was looking for. Once I was happy with the size I screwed the decapper down till I felt it touch the primer lowered the ram and gave the deccaper a little turn lower raised the ram and snap decapper pin gone... The primer hadnt even been popped or even looked as if the pin had started to push it out. Now is it possible to buy spare pins and who has them. Also any tips on stopping this from happening again.

Nutty

Hi Nutty, the decapping pins come in an RCBS pack of 5 part number 09608, but should be easily sourced from an RCBS dealer. Cheers, ATB

Nutty

If you can wait until Friday I may well have a spare - I can't check until then, though. If I do have a spare you're more than welcome to it.

willie_gunn

Hi did you ever find a spare? If not I have one you are welcome to, I bought both the headless 09609 and the headed 90164 many moons ago.

Hi Nuttyspaniel

Try Wilson and Wilson Fieldsports in Kent (01843 822242) I needed a 17 Remington decapping pin/unit and tried everyone I could think of but come across these in gun mart. Rang them up and had the part the next day.

Highly recommended.

​Wayne

Back