RCBS scales - any good - bargain??

buck52

I bought a set a few years ago, I paid about £130.00 so its a good price, they are good but............
You have to make sure your battery is at max power because if it is'nt you could get errors, you will also have to re-calibrate them every time you switch on.

It may speed it up a bit but not that much.

The scale works very well, but it will not speed up your reloading very much, instead buy the RCBS Chargemaster Combo i just got one and it is perfect, find a good stable place to put it and set it on auto, it couldn’t be easier it takes 20/30 sec for each load.

Dennis

splash

Dennis H said:
The scale works very well, but it will not speed up your reloading very much, instead buy the RCBS Chargemaster Combo i just got one and it is perfect, find a good stable place to put it and set it on auto, it couldn’t be easier it takes 20/30 sec for each load.

Dennis

I second that !

splash said:
Dennis H said:

Dennis

I second that !

I third that ! :lol:

buck52

sussex lad said:
splash said:
Dennis H said:

Dennis

I second that !

I third that ! :lol:
I want one :lol:

sir-lamp-alot

buck 52 you maybe a legend i use a set of rcbs 1500 and to be honest think there a bag of crap as the will not hold zero but if its a power suply problem then you may hold the answer for me as mine run off a american 2 pin plug throug a travel converter so this may be my problem cheers mate

tartinjock

Distinguished Member
I had one, wouldn't get another, for some reason, my scales stopped working correctly, I would calibrate then for no reason, they would not measure correctly. I would load 44gr of V140, leave it for a second and the scales wold slowly start dropping down as if counting slowly. Aa I'm sure powder doesn't evaporate, the scales were busted...........

The battery is also a pain to fit, I'd recommend removing it between use.

DON'T DO IT!!!!!

TJ

EMcC

That bit looks very much like the scale part of the RCBS Chargemaster Combo.
I have a Chargemaster Combo and the Scale bit from the first Chargemaster I bought that would not calibrate.
If it is identical, they can be used with a 240/9v convertor and that is what I do when I can't be bothered to set up my Chargemaster when weighing out just a few charges.
I would not trust using it with a 9v battery for more than a couple of charges, silly really, because it should work well but perhaps it's just me!

Offroad Gary

Account Suspended
bugger me - that post is nearly a year old!

ended up stealing a mjn digital scale from a big gunshop when nobody was looking! (they normally cost about £40 i think)

it seems ok, and weighs arrows too for when im playing cowboys and injuns!!