Recommend neoprene chest waders ?

I have some old Orvis bootfoot waders which have been excellent.

If you need to keep really warm neoprene is great, but these days I have switched over entirely to Gore-Tex waders.

I have 4mm Snowbee waders. They're great in cold weather, or when deep wading, but my god you don't half sweat in them on a warm day

I have some Orvis and Simms waders. Orvis are a more generous fit but I am slim so don't need the extra space. Have always used stocking feet type.

the best 2 at the moment are the vision sub zero and the snowbee sft neoprene. Neither are cheap but both will last well

I strongly suggest you listen to Diver Dave's advice - nobody repairs more waders than he does, so he's seen them all and knows what's good and what's not.

Cheers

Bruce

Thanks
they will be used during the winter so need to be warm
i don't want the stocking type

Any particular reason you don't want the stocking foot type? I've found them more comfortable and more versatile than bootfoot.

+1 on listening to Diver Dave - he's the recognised authority on waders and has repaired several of my sets that would otherwise have been trashed!

The only reasons I have is that I would need to buy a pair of boots to wear with them, and it will be standing in pure mud so the boots would be caked in all sorts and more difficult to clean

I have a pair of Pro Logic ones - about £85 if I remember. My budget was limited but for fly fishing and wildfowling they have been excellent, my Dad has the same too. Sure, there is better - but at a much higher price.

I've found Ron Thompson to be excellent value.My local Fishing shop did them @ £50 a pair.Stillwater, bison or fladen are also good value.
The diference in price to say greys at over £100 isnt worth the extra imo.

what use mty ? fishing snowbee , wildfowl ?then Hodgman Waterfowl Breathable Zippered Chest Wader with EVA Boot

If you are wildfowling I would look at other materials as well as neoprene, I know loads of wildfowlers use them but I quickly stopped as I found the Matt finish really sticks in the mud. Went back to old black school rubber thigh waders.

I've found Ron Thompson to be excellent value.My local Fishing shop did them @ £50 a pair.Stillwater, bison or fladen are also good value.
The diference in price to say greys at over £100 isnt worth the extra imo.
I like the sound of the ron thompson pair

If you are wild fowling in water deep enough to need chest waders then you should have got off earlier!!
In the S/East over the last few years we have had no really cold weather as such so I do with thigh boots, up North and NI do get the cold stuff I must agree.

Granted the tides charts are just a guide but I watch the water like a hawk and go to plan "S" Shore line sharpish.

Tim,243

I have a pair of like new chest waders from Cabelas in advantage wetlands camo size 9R.

Although the boot sole says 9, I use a 10" boot. Probably still, 1/2" to spare.

They have been sitting around for a bit - just don't shoot ducks on the Sionna like I used to.

They're in the South of Ireland, PM me if you are interested.

S2820001_zpsdqlbieu9.jpg

I've given up buying expensive waders, the boots always crack long before the neoprene gives out, unless they are stored where mice can get at them(mice love neoprene). Cheapies from Ebay have lasted me 2 seasons so far, better than ones that can cost 4-5 times as much. Some of the waders with rubber boots, which should last longer than plastic, have been on the shelves too long and have perished, perhaps.

Back