red deer rut

fishnstalker

Hello all,
I am off to the shores of Loch Rannoch on Sunday for a week on the stags.Any signs of activity in the area?
Cant wait to hear the sound of roaring stags again.
​Cheers Hubert

just back from two days on the hill by loch awe...not a single stag in sight, certainly nothing roaring...it's as if aliens came and took them!! normally, I'd see probably 200+ hinds and at least 25-50 stags.

saw not one stag,,and maybe 12 hinds....

f'ing bizarre!!

​then again,,,maybe the FC boys next door have been at it day and night since last year!

Just back from 3 days on the west coast of Scotland. I saw plenty of Reds and shot 3 stags but the rut certainly hadnt started and we didnt hear any roaring though it was certainly close with lots of wallows opened up.

back tonight from ayrshire roaring last night and walked into a stag this morning as it was all quite and from out of knowhere he ran in roaring i think i gave out a little wee, writeup to follow with questions as rut was close but not on.atb wayne

Its too mild, or at least it is here. Sika very vocal with whistling but only a bit of stags pushing each other about. Seeing a lot of big stags in their own moping about but no proper holding of hinds yet. I know its Sika I mention and not red but the colder weather has an effect on them all....

Hubert was there at weekend never heard a thing wish you all the best And the wee man will be looking down on you

Im heading to Rannoch on Saturday for a week. Speaking to stalker friends there, been very quite so far both on the hill and in the forestry. Hope for our sake they get going soon!!

Just back from argyll and no roaring,but between us we managed a dozen stags :D so can't wait for it to kick off,talking to a fc ranger he thinks a week away yet that was backed up by what the local game dealer said as well
very warm and flys every where............
​Amberdog

not too far from where your going, still pretty quiet , some stags off on there own with hinds and covering them , others still in big mobs but getting less friendly, A touch of frost might help to bring it on, been very mild lately , sweating buckets at any serious graft.

just back from two days on the hill by loch awe...not a single stag in sight, certainly nothing roaring...it's as if aliens came and took them!! normally, I'd see probably 200+ hinds and at least 25-50 stags.

saw not one stag,,and maybe 12 hinds....

f'ing bizarre!!

​then again,,,maybe the FC boys next door have been at it day and night since last year!

Stags are roaring on the loch side last night and again today. Think the rut is starting up now, here's to a good season!

Has this warm spell slowed the stags down? Cant see the big fellas wanting to stir their stumps given the high temperatures we experienced over the weekend....

Back