Red Rut

Amberdog

Hi all has any one come across scotish woodland reds starting to roar yet, as i will be out on my ground next week hoping the rut has started
amberdog

Thar

It normally kicks into full swing in a week or two, I hope to sticks to it’s usual time table as I am on my patch in a couple of weeks, my mate was on the stags all last week(West Coast of Scotland) and he didn’t mention hearing any roaring.

Best rgds

Tahr

D

Davie

i THINK WE HAD AN EARLY FROST. Always good for getting the stags and hinds moving but the weather has went wet again. Did your mate see many Thar stags that is :p

D

Davie

Looks like they are moving and if its tinny that's nice to here of another sika getting grassed i shall be up this weekend and have a wee run about the place with a lamp to see whats what ;)

Amberdog

Cheers chaps my ground is on the west coast but low down above the clyde and we have shot a few allready but not in hard antler cull to meet!!!! and its new ground, I look forward to the info on sunday as i will be off :D :D :D stalking from tuesday

amberdog

Amberdog

Cheers chaps my ground is on the west coast but low down above the clyde and we have shot a few allready but not in hard antler cull to meet!!!! and its new ground, I look forward to the info on sunday as i will be off :D :D :D stalking from tuesday

amberdog

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
I was talking to several keepers yesterday and both Reds and Sika have been heard in the last week or two. Not a lot but they have started, the serious boys will not be down just yet, the weather is too nice for them, need a bit of cold up the hill to drive them down.

John

D

Davie

Jon my friend from Garve says the big lads are starting to move in to that area .Wish i was up there what a fantastic place when the reds are on fire. ;)