Red transfer

The Lucky Hunter

PAULT

Confused I want to send a shotgun rfd to rfd transfer but my rfd said the buyer needs to send his sgc to them can someone clear this up plz .

andyk

As others say, the RFD is only acting as a 'post box' as they are allowed to receive a firearm by post whereas everyone else isn't.

Accordingly, neither RFD (sending or receiving) is selling you anything beyond the service involved sending/receiving, you are selling to him and the SGC records should reflect this, i.e. off yours and onto his.

When I have made remote purchases, I have sent my SGC/FAC to the seller who completes the necessary information and then sends my SGC/FAC back to me. They then take the gun to their local RFD who sends it to mine. I attend my local RFD once the gun is received who checks that I am the SGC/FAC holder and that the gun is entered on the SGC/FAC. They then let me take the gun (it's mine, afterall) and I pay them whatever fee they charge for receiving.

I can't see a strict need for the sending RFD to see a SGC/FAC, their concern should be about verifying the identity and address of the receiving RFD (I once had an RFD (who will remain nameless) post the rifle to an incorrect address, needless to say, that was a stressful few days).

Lochens

It's simple and straightforward really, and jb7x57 is incorrect. The law dosn't state that
Either way is permitted.
You can either get the purchaser to send their SGC to the seller, the seller enter it onto the purchasers SGC, return the updated SGC to the purchaser, and then send it RFD to RFD ( pretty long winded and uneccessary )
or
As long as the receiving RFD agrees to send it, he signs it into his register, you will then inform the Police of that within 7 days. The receiving RFD ( who obviously the purchase will have gained consent to receive it ) will sign it into his register and then enter it onto the purchaser's SGC when they collect it. Both of them then have to inform the Police within 7 days of the transaction.
Simples

Scandially

I just take to Bushwear, it's easy.
They need to see the serial numbers to check a match. They securely wrap and post all for £30. Digitally inform both forces..... money well spent.

Liveonce

It's simple and straightforward really, and jb7x57 is incorrect. The law dosn't state that
Either way is permitted.
You can either get the purchaser to send their SGC to the seller, the seller enter it onto the purchasers SGC, return the updated SGC to the purchaser, and then send it RFD to RFD ( pretty long winded and uneccessary )
or
As long as the receiving RFD agrees to send it, he signs it into his register, you will then inform the Police of that within 7 days. The receiving RFD ( who obviously the purchase will have gained consent to receive it ) will sign it into his register and then enter it onto the purchaser's SGC when they collect it. Both of them then have to inform the Police within 7 days of the transaction.
Simples

Your “or” is incorrect, unless the receiving RFD becomes the “seller” and then becomes responsible under the sales of goods act, should the firearm be not as described or faulty.

This is the correct process:-

Lochens

The BASC sheet I see is dated 2014
The reality, and general practice across the trade, is exactly as " Liveonce " has pointed out.

Lochens

Sorry,
Early morning bleary eyes.
The BASC sheet I see is dated 2014
The reality, and general practice across the trade, is exactly as " Scandially " has pointed out.

BRACES of Bristol - Dark Fox Package, Mauser M12, LIEMKE Thermal Scope, Wildcat Mod