Reduced powder load for .22 Hornet

Sirius1963

Good evening - On one range I shoot at there is a velocity and energy limit and Im keen to develop a suitable load for a newly acquired .22 hornet. I have a tub of Vhit Tin Star and a range of bullet weights available (40,45,50). A colleague recommends 3.5 up to 3.8 gr of tin star try out weights between to suit. Has anyone any other experience with these combinations of powder and calibre?
Many thanks

Klenchblaize

Interested in your results but if to be honest I think you’re wasting your time unless there’s something I’m missing beyond the desire for trigger time with said rifle.

That said no experimentation is without the opportunity to learn something new and useful.

K

Sirius1963

Thanks gentlemen, the velocity limits do permit supersonic rounds, but not to those normally associated with .22 Hornet levels. Its specifically Tin star data Im researching.

Liveonce

Thanks gentlemen, the velocity limits do permit supersonic rounds, but not to those normally associated with .22 Hornet levels. Its specifically Tin star data Im researching.

Please explain subsonic is subsonic is it not and a 40grain bullet subsonic from a .22lr or .22hornet will be no different energy wise.

Sirius1963

I think you may have misunderstood my interest with this subject. Im interested in anyone's experience of reduced velocity loads for a .22 Hornet. Using Tin Star powder. id like to limit the velocity to a maximum of 1600fps, give or take.

But yes, I do believe subsonic is subsonic :)

Bowland blades

I have all this data
If you own a hornet I seriously recommend you purchase the single cartigecreloading guide sincair International do for many cartridges in this casec22 hornet
It will give you al, you need and more
For instance
Redcdot 2.0 grains 1095 fps 3.8 grains 1730 fps
Green dot 2.5 grains 1245 fps 4.3 grains 1780 fps
41 grain # 225438 lyman cast lead
49grain and 2.0 grain red dot will go 1060 , 3.7 grain 1645 fps #225415