reloading data

del47

hi all

what's the better books to keep handy for reloading data or is it better online

cheers del

big ears

My go to is the Lyman kidding book but online is great asset and I’m using it more and more. As a big Sierra bullet fan their data has worked time and time again

enfieldspares

Online, always, and only from the powder manufacturer's website.

As believe it or not powder doesn't stay the same and, more to the point, powder manufacturers often revise what was recommended some years ago to what is recommended nowadays. One powder that had changes over the years was original, as sold by Hodgon, surplus 4831 to today's "various" manufacturers powder called IMR 4831 and H4831. Whether post 2003 they are now (as Hodgdon took over IMR that year) the same or different I don't know. But certainly it's the best illustration as why the current maker's website is the best source for loading recommendations.

Printed manuals are useful but they aren't always up to date.

deeangeo

I use both Lyman and Lee manuals.
On line is a useful addition as long as you know what you’re doing, but the manuals have lots of useful additional data.
Manuals also list selections of different propellant alternatives on the same page.

del47

thanks lads i thought the online would be the way forward i have got the lee book think i will just stick with that and get the rest of the net

cheers del

del47

delboy what bullets you using ?

well av not started with bullets yet or powder just yet got press at weekend and getting the other bits together as we speak . am wanting to reload for my 223 tikka T3x 20" barrel 1 in 8 twist so far av tried federal [FONT=&quot]Power shock soft point 55gn , [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Sako Gamehead 55 gn , [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Geco Express [/FONT][FONT=&quot]ballistic tip 56gn and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Geco FMJ 63gn and the best groups at 100yds so far have been with the geco fmj 63gn . so i want to try out a ballistic tip in the up side of 60gn[/FONT]

any advice is always more than welcome bring it on

cheers del