Reloading for 6.5x55

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing

nash

Hi guys, I am trying to find the best home load for my 202 sauer rifle anybody out there can help please ? :D

woodmaster

Nash I can't give you a load that I have tried in my 202 with those powders. I would think they are a bit on the fast side for the 6.5. I use N160 to very good effect with 140gr SST along with others. I'm assuming you have load data but looking for a tried recipe?

ziggy

are you guys that are using the sst seating it as deep as the crimping groove or further out? ive still a bit of work to do with the sst but that's one question ive been mulling over

I. Farticus

are you guys that are using the sst seating it as deep as the crimping groove or further out? ive still a bit of work to do with the sst but that's one question ive been mulling over

Mine are much further out... I use HPS-TR to reload my ammo, and they measured my Sako, so everything is as per my rifle. The OAL is 3.110" - whatever that means!!!

woodmaster

Ziggy. Much much further out. My col is 79.5mm which leaves the crimp grove appox 4.5mm from case mouth. In my rifle this COL sets the bullet 20 thou off the lands.

deeangeo

Sauer 202 6.5x55 - Using N160 x 49.2gn pushing a Nosler 120gn bullet. Fed 210M primer & COL @ 3.051"

Nosler 120gn 49.5gns Vit.N160 3.051 OAL c.JPG

Last edited:
BRACES of Bristol - Mauser M12 with Schmidt & Bender 2.5-10x56 Illuminated Scope